feeling down and out

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.
depperson6111

feeling down and out

Post by depperson6111 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:53 pm

Hey everyone! I finished the program in december, and I was doing great! I could finally get in my car and drive myself to work without any panic. Since that time I started a new job in a new career field, dating the love of my life,and have been dealing with a sibling who has a drug problem. My anxiety is coming back slowly, but not like it was before. I admit I have went back to having caffeine, not exercising and not writing in my journal. I need help, what should I do? Thinking about going through the program again. Any ideas?

Iwillbebetter

Re: feeling down and out

Post by Iwillbebetter » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:07 am

I think going threw the program is a great idea. As you said you have gone back to caffeine, not exercising or journaling. I would guess that has something to do with it slowly creeping in. Learning the skills isn't so much of the hard part. It's keeping them that takes work! Good luck!
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

TheTimeIsNow

Post by TheTimeIsNow » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:01 pm

It's like losing a bunch of weight and going back to eating donuts and not expecting the weight to come back on. Maintinence is the key and I think the hardest part until it becomes our norm. I've been slacking too and feeling worse so I started the program again. This time with a clearer mind. Good luck and be proud of your accomplishments. You did it once and can do it again. :)

lucy knepp

Post by lucy knepp » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:26 pm

Felt that way too but discovered mini chat and forums and it helps. Also reconnected with old friends and found a new one I call who is so much like me ...we talk and laugh and forget we are depressed. God sent her. I am doing better but don't feel I will ever be fully recovered. I get down and anxious too. Started back to church.......really wonderful pastor and congregation. Churches can mess you up but if you find the right one and stay focused on God and not the people then we'll be alright. Still plugging along................good luck...... :)

Kathy1365

Post by Kathy1365 » Fri May 25, 2012 4:33 pm

Going back to the Basics is the best thing to do I think.

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”