What do we do now?

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.
mramirez10

What do we do now?

Post by mramirez10 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:56 am

So I'm sad that this is the end of the program. It went by so fast for me. I can't believe we are already on the last session. I was hoping I would be recovered by now. I still have a ways to go, and things to work on. I guess this will be a life time practice for me. Now I'm going to take a happiness 101 class that is offered for free here in my city. I'm excited to see if they build on the skills I have learned in this program, or teach new ones. I'm wondering what to do now.

I would love to hear from others to hear what their plans are now. Or if you have gone through the program before how it was for you after you finished the first time.

Paisleegreen

Re: What do we do now?

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi Mirez-I haven't officially finished this program as I didn't have the reading materials until a few months ago. But I finished Dr David Burns' Feel Good 10 Steps to Self Esteem Workbook along with counseling with a Psychologist. It helped me wean off my medication but family members started opening a big can of worms that started my first Panic Attacks! That's is how I happen to come here as suggested by my sister who didn't use this program because she was scared. All I can say is that some people need more intensive work, and my sister is one of them.

I still work the program because it has helped me. A bunch of us keep returning to the beginning lesson as a refresher because we are always learning. These skills will be needed for a lifetime, because different events are going to happen to us every day or in the future, that will test our limits or skills we have learned.

So I'm still around...Paislee :mrgreen: So join us at the beginning if you want! :)

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:02 am

Keep in mind your progress. Remember that our expectations sometimes are the ones that get us into panic. Maybe we would expect to be completely free of panic and anxiety by the end of the program and we feel that there is something wrong with us because there still are things that cause anxiety. Nothing farder from reality. Remember that Lucinda talks of growth spurts.

As Lucinda suggests, take a couple weeks off and after that go back and review those sessions that were important to you.

I am probably going to review the program again and focus on those areas that are my main problem.

Enjoy the journey...... :D

Hope

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:06 pm

Good Advice, Hope! how are you doing? P :mrgreen:

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”