BUILDING A BETTER LIFE...... Lesson 15

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.
mcshope

BUILDING A BETTER LIFE...... Lesson 15

Post by mcshope » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:23 pm

BUILDING A BETTER LIFE

I can't believe we are on session 15.

This thread is open to anyone who is going thru the program. We are now on session 15 and we will start a new lesson every week. We are following Lucinda's Program the way is meant to be, listening to the sessions, reading the lessons, completing the assignments. This is just an space to share your experiences and progress.

It has been a great experience to go thru the program with the company and support of other people. It is nice to know that there are people willing to listen and share their experiences.

We would like to support each other, share our progress and continue growing and learning. If you have anything to share, join us, we learn a lot from other people's experiences.

Video for the week.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQmcxh-y2-8

mcshope

Re: BUILDING A BETTER LIFE...... Lesson 15

Post by mcshope » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:45 pm

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:19 pm

This is an awesome video! Very inspiring! Thanks, Hope! :) Paislee :mrgreen:

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:25 pm

Not an easy week here. I am not sure if it was the hot weather, depression or the full moon, but I had a hard time moving my butt the first part of the week. By Wednesday I received news that my brother was coming to visit on Saturday. So I spent Wed. - Th - Friday, cleaning the house and getting everything ready for his visit.
I was able to get on the treadmill only once. However I kept myself really busy cleaning the house.
On the good side, I have lost 5 lbs. Which makes me happy.
Next week I have plans to exercise Monday-Wednesday-Friday.
I have a doctor's appoinment on Thursday, I will have blood test for diabetes and cholesterol done on Monday, so the doctor and I can review them the day of my appointment. Last time my cholesterol was high, the doctor prescribed medication, which I didn't take, lets see how I do this time.
I have been feeling a little more depressed than usual, maybe is the hot weather.
It was good to see my brother today. I miss my family.
Hope everybody is having a nice weekend. Stay cool.
Hope

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:24 pm

HI Hope, that's great news on you losing 5 lbs and getting your house cleaned up for your brother and you had a good visit! Yippee! I hope you cholesterol is down as well.

I've been mainly watering my yard with the days turning hotter than it has been. I plan on a mini vacation to the mountains and staying at a place I use to go to when my kids were little. I will mainly be by myself, but not alone as the place I'm going is where people go for summer fun. So I'm looking forward to the mountain and forest area by a beautiful lake. Also they have a pool and jacuzzi there as well and a State Park where I will enjoy some hikes and hopefully some bike rides. Bike riding will be my second time this summer if I manage to get my bike there. So the Jacuzzi will probably come in handy. ;) Paislee :mrgreen:

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:51 pm

Paislee,
Great, sounds like you are looking forward to this mini vacation. When do you leave?
Hope

THH

Post by THH » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:25 pm

Hello everyone,
Man o man that heat was really bad. I had my modem for on line burn out! We had lots of power outages some for brief moments. Any how it was so humid I too did not do well in the heat. ( And no computer!) I had 2 window air conditioners running but when its in the 80's at night they don't keep up with it. I feel so much better after 2 days of more comfortable weather.
This is #15 and my 3rd time through. My evaluation is better but still having my share of going back to my bad habit thinking. I pulled out of it so I am proud that I am using my skills and helping myself to be more forgiving to myself and notice my negative thoughts really creep in when I get uncomfortable.
I too was depressed. I got obsessive with the heat. Having hot flashes when it in the 90's stressed me out. I'm good to 20* so 90's scared me. Then that stupid tv I finally shut off! All the reports were people having heat stroke ect... ( not something someone with health anxiety wants to hear! Our business is full throttle, we have animals to care for, my moms cat is dying, life... Just life.

Then after a couple days, I started to watch my self talk and realized how negative I was being. I grabbed my carry cards and started reading them. Taking baby steps and giving myself permission to work at relaxation. Working extra hard on comforting thoughts. Cooler temps are briefly here so I feel like I have to work much harder on many levels to prepare for the next round of heat. Boy how strange to feel so good and feel like you are over much of this crap and have a crash like this.
The good news is I know where I went wrong. So just like any good horse rider, when we get tossed off, we get back on and try again! I have licked my wounds and ready to move forward!
Sooooo people we going to go through again??? Does anyone else want to go again? :D

Hope, I hope all your test come back normal! Its good you are being brave to have things checked out. I also hope you are getting some relief from this heat.

Paislee, Your vacation sounds heavenly too bad you can't take us with you! LOL...

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:11 pm

I'm back! So sorry about the heat you are getting, THH! You would have loved it where I was at. Cool nights and gorgeous days!
It was hard coming home. In fact, I'm going through withdrawals today. Ugh. Partly due to extra physical activity, after coming home from several days of walking and riding my bike, and living with sore muscles, I go boating and actually waterskiied for the first time in 32 years! (I think it has been that long...I can't remember :? ) So it was great to get up on skiis and impress my family, but I had more sore muscles that only going to the water park could help.

So I went down a few wild tube rides, loving it as well as the wave pool, and walking around, but now I'm exhausted and feeling very depressed. I wept, prayed, listened to my relaxation CD that has piano playing and a soothing woman talking, a bit different from Lucinda's, and now I'm here on the computer because I'm just not feeling that good.

I know it is adjusting to the same stuff going on at home, and having to be patient with getting the rest I need. Otherwise, I'm doing okay.

I really feel for you THH, that is definitely a challenge you are going through! Ugh. I don't like hot weather either unless I'm in a pool or near some type of body of water. It was different not having a computer where I was at and the DVD player didn't work, but it gave me some alone time. I just can't imagine all the concerns you have with your animals to care for and your business. Hugs and prayers sent your way.

Hope, how are you doing? Paislee

THH

Post by THH » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:23 pm

Paislee!
Glad you are back!!!! So happy to hear your vacation was so lovely. AND....WOW look at you, water skiing! Sounds really good. I'm sure you are proud of yourself, you should be! You did numerous things that were totally out of your comfort zone and felt like you still have it! That is a great feeling!

I'm sorry your feeling depressed tonight, but remember you have had alot of action, and your probably tired so rest and tomorrow is another day. Replay your vacation in your mind.

I'm doing better again. Its still hot here,humid but I am in a better place mentally and have friend lied up with I can't control the universe! LOL....
You know when my computer was down I found other things to do. I actually enjoyed what I did too. It has its place but doing things really seamed to be what I needed to do.

Thank you for the hugs & prayers they helped! Sending some to you as well. Have a good night. ;)

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:34 am

Thanks, THH! Yes, I've just stayed in my PJ's today, wondering what I did with my debit card, but otherwise doing better. ;) Thanks for the Kudos! It truly was an outstanding vacation. One I've needed for quite some time. It is so true, I did several things I haven't done before or for years. Just driving up to the condo by myself and staying there by myself was a first for me. I felt the loneliness after my fun drive which was full of anticipation while listening and singing to the Carpenter's. Watching the pretty scenery as I went along, especially a beautiful river.

So when I went into the condo, which is always the same one for my in laws, there was an overwhelming feeling of sadness, as the last time I was there was with all my children and DH. But definitely I was missing the one son that has been gone for over 8 years. I rode my bike in memory of him the most...and thought about him as I rode the streets on my bike on what he was feeling. Which was probably a very freeing feeling, full of adventure and away from the day to day grind of school and mean people.

I also went to where rafters get out of the river and it was quite lonely there, as I knew rafters were coming and had seen them from the highway, but I was there too soon. Which in a way I wanted to be, but I didn't know I would totally be alone on the shoreline. I felt the emotions...gathered some stones...but told myself or maybe it was him...to not stress over gathering rocks. There will be a time when it will be easier...I would get some help somehow in the near future and my pond will get finished.

So I was able to let go and return to the other town where the lake is and later take another bike ride when it got cooler. I can tell that I feel better after that exercise due to it being aerobic and stimulating. Later, I was able to enjoy the Timeshare's swimming pool and jacuzzi. Met other guests and had some great fun with the children who were enjoying themselves in the pool. They were all so cute and were happy to be there for family reunions, and parties. I also was approached by a neighbor who stays at the place for 6 months out of the year. He struck up a conversation with me and we became fast friends. He inspired me, as he had several car accidents in his life that he now is on disability, but can play tennis and something else.

We have a lot in common in the careers he has had, so it was fun to talk to him. He was very friendly and says to come visit him. I asked him, how can I do that when normally it is a week's stay up there. He said that he stays there for 6 months. So I will have to decide if he truly is genuine and a safe person to visit with if my family ever gets up there for some recreation.

Otherwise, it was great. I even amazed myself at being able to lift my bike out of my van while talking to DH on the cell phone. That was a first as well! :D

I'm glad you are doing better...not sure if I read your posting right on a "friend lied up with I can't control the universe!" you'll have to explain that, but I think I get the gist of it. ;) Thanks for cheering me on, I appreciate it! I do rewind or go over in my mind how I felt when I got up on those skiis and everyone on the boat was watching me and filming ;) they were so amazed and really did not think I could do it! So that makes me grin from ear to ear! :mrgreen: Paislee :mrgreen:

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”