Anxiety out of control

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.
FMB100

Anxiety out of control

Post by FMB100 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:56 pm

I have just completed the program. I realize the thoughts that I needed to respond to differently were not rational and I have made good progress.

Now I am having a growth spurt and need help. I am breaking new ground by having anxiety about a situation that has a remote chance of happening rather than a zero chance of happening. I am trying very hard to practice the techniques in the course and re-listening to chapters 3 and 8 which I think are most relevant, but no help yet. Everyone has told me not to worry but I seem to need more.

Is there any advice you can offer for someone who is worrying about something that will probably not happen and worrying about the outcome of something should it happen.

Thanks in advance.

MC Grace

Re: Anxiety out of control

Post by MC Grace » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:47 am

First of all congrats on completing the program!! :D You sound positive and hopeful.

You mentioned that you are listening to Lesson 3 again. Did you go through the written exercise in the workbook (Lesson 3) that tells you to turn negative thoughts into positive thoughts? This helped me a lot.... Also, exercise, such as a walk outdoors, has often helped me sleep better.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon May 16, 2011 6:47 pm

Good Advice! FMB100, how are you doing? Paislee

FMB100

Post by FMB100 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:43 am

Thank you both for your response. I am doing better of late.

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”