The Challenge...Lesson 15

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.
NinjaFrodo

The Challenge...Lesson 15

Post by NinjaFrodo » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:02 pm

This is the final lesson of the challenge and the program and here is a video dedicated to it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw The Final Countdown

We have done a good job getting through the program. We started back in mid september or november...so 5-6 months. Thats quite a long time. We have lost several people and gained a couple along the way, made alot of progress and accomplishments and increased the quality of life, even if it was only a bit. The key is to not look at where you aren't or what you haven't achieved, its to look at where you are and what you have achieved!

Where are you now as opposed to where you were when we started?
Do you understand things more?
Do you feel more confident or better about yourself?
How much more would you say? (In percentage)
How have you changed since going through this?
What goals do you have now?

Here are the Action Assignments for the final lesson;
1)Continue to do the maintenance steps each day: Exercise, relaxation, interrupt and replace negative thought talk and balanced living. Refer to your workbook often in the coming months.

2)Compare your final anxiety evaluation (15-10) with your first. Send to Stress Center

3)Do the depression evaluation again (15-12), compare to previous scoring

4)Re-take the attitude evaluation from Session Four (15-5). Compare your scores

5)High Risk Exercise: List 5 (or as many as you can identify) high risk situations that might lead to a lapse. Be very specific. Include names of people that may be involed, locations, behaviors, moods... For example: "Becoming overly tired is a high risk for me."

Second step
Trace the history of hte high risk situation. How have I experienced this before? For example: "Based on my past history, if I allow myself to become over-tired, I find myself in a negative frame of mind. I over eat. I take on a victim attitude, "poor me." I see that over-tiredness always follows periods of high stress, over-work, and poor planning. I tend to commit everything and everyone else. I do not put myself and my needs into the way I arrange my life."

Third step
Positive dialogue and possible solution- "I can see being over-tired is a result of previous behavior and that s within my control. I can change this. I can prevent this risk situation. I know what I need to watch for."

6)Consult your newsletter for recommended reading and extra tools. Seriously consider a subscription to the LESS STRESS PRESS. This will guarantee current information as StressCenter continues to grow and produce new self-help tools.

7)Read! Listen to motivational tapes.

8)Let time pass. Time allowance is necessary for proper growth. Patience is more than a virtue...it's a way of life.

9)If you think something you haven't completely dealt with is impeding your recovery, it probabbly is. Ask for the insight of an objective listener/therapist.

10)Continue learning about yourself. You are fascinating!

Mike

THH

Re: The Challenge...Lesson 15

Post by THH » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:47 pm

Week 15!
Here is the card:
* I love beginnings!
* Change takes courage; I am courageous.
*I am a great manager.
* I love, honor, and respect myself.
*I'm all right, even in the dark.
* My sensitivity is a blessing.

"The past is but the beginning of a beginning" - H.G.Wells

Side 2
1. Take a two week information vacation.
2. Send in your evaluation ( optional)
3.Go though the program again.
4. Change, conflict or crisis are signals for growth.
5. Keep learning...
6. Continue...

WOW! Look what you have started! You are on your way!

THH

Post by THH » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:05 pm

Well this is my second time through the program. I am glad I did it, and have many more things I picked up along the way the 2nd time though.
Mike I liked your song/video. Good choice. I feel slightly dull right now, and I am not sure why. I am glad for all the hundreds of things I have gained. Its been fun going though with everyone who has gone on this journey with Mikes challenge!

:D :mrgreen: :D
The key is to not look at where you aren't or what you haven't achieved, its to look at where you are and what you have achieved!
Thank you for reminding me of this, as I can't help but visit that thought from time to time.

I need to read my book tonight so I can make more comments from where I am compared to where I was.
Have a good night all! ;)

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:43 pm

THH
Thank you my lovely assistant for putting up the cards, very helpful!

I'm glad you liked the video, it just kinda popped into my head. Those are the moments that you know you what you need to do.

Like you I have also learned alot going through the program again. I have no idea how many times i've gone through it but its alot. The next time will be more light and about increasing the joy and excitement in life! I'm hoping it will be even more fun and satisfying then this time around! Full of more music videos and fun pictures and more talk about the things that make us smile, laugh, love and be silly!

I also do that too. I go back and think well i'm not where I want to be yet so it must be a failure. Its only a failure or a success based on where I am focusing though and that is based on the expectations I have for myself. If I expected to feel better then I have succeeded. If I expected to never have anxiety again and not have depression then I have failed. I want to choose the one that makes me feel better and makes me want to improve the quality of life.

I also need to read my book as well. I haven't done that yet, kinda been slacking with that.

Oh and I've been playing whats called the Prosperity game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iXTUKET ... re=related
This has been pretty awesome and I didn't realize how I didn't really have much to strive for. I only really strived for getting over the anxiety and depression condition but I didn't really have any reason in order to do that for. I didn't really know what I'd do after that or have anything I wanted to work towards and enjoy. I wasn't sure how I could feel good or what I would do with myself but this game helps me dream and helps me strive for things and I must say I feel so much happier and excited and it is actually making myself enjoy the company of others and reduces my anxiety over finances. Its pretty cool, check it out!

Mike

THH

Post by THH » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:10 pm

Your welcome Master Mike,lol...
I do like the idea of fun, making it fun, silly and yet working at it.
I also like the idea you keep bring to focus
[*Its only a failure or a success based on where I am focusing though and that is based on the expectations I have for myself. If I expected to feel better then I have succeeded. If I expected to never have anxiety again and not have depression then I have failed. I want to choose the one that makes me feel better and makes me want to improve the quality of life.]
In the objectives section two stood out for me. 1. To see this is only the beginning. You aren't done yet; you will never be "done" learning about YOU.
2. To see that " YOU are the LOCK, and YOU are the KEY."
I really liked both of these. The lock / key one is comforting to me for some reason.
I also know that at times I feel some disappointment as I return to my old way of thinking first. I always hope I approach things from a new place. But there is that perfectionism expecting higher standards for myself, demanding myself to perform perfect at each challenge.

Several things I have to watch is,1. filling myself full of anticipatory anxiety before the situation even begins. #2. Listen to your dialogue to self.
This will help me.

I scored much better this time around almost all 1's & 2's. Still have a little trouble with fairness, being perfect, surprisingly failing, and not where I want to be in life.( Still having trouble with a vision.)
I have done 85% better with all the others and even these numbers have come down. So I am very proud of my progress!!!
I also like the "growth goal" is to see lapses realistically. They are single events, not catastrophes. Do not over react!

Tonight I will work on some action assignments and we can compare.

Mike did you get the feel good fast tape?

I'll check out your game I do need a new one. We have a week of crummy weather ahead. Have a good night!

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:47 am

Lesson 15, incredible. :o

I really liked this lesson, it made me feel better just to know that it is normal to feel anxiety from time to time.
I have been thinking of how far we have come. I feel so happy and thankful.

Mike,
You have been a great inspiration. Not only for keeping this threads going, but for sharing your ideas, your fears, your experiences and your progress. You are gooooooooooood!!!!

THH,
Thank you for your support and wisdom.

A question.... are we going to do it again?....

Hope

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:28 am

THH
That would be good if we can make it alot funner. I'll need to recharge a bit before I start it again though, it takes alot of committment and alot of energy.

I figured you might like that statement. I was actually thinking that you'd comment on it as I was typing it down.

I haven't even done the book work stuff yet. I've slacked on it but those are 2 good things you brought up. You will always be learning about you but that doesn't mean you'll always feel bad or that you'll never recover and life is about perception or mostly about it. We can't feel bad if we don't perceieve things as bad.

Well it could take you awhile to overcome that perfectionism. You don't have to be perfect with that one either!

The feel good fast tape was not something created when I got the program. It was something that came out only within the last year or 2 i believe.

Mcshope
I haven't even looked at lesson 15 to tell you the truth and I totally forget about what it was like, I'll have to check it out in the next couple of days but yes we have come along way and made alot of progress.

Thank you, thats why I do this. To help others and be inspiring.

I'd like to do it again after awhile of recharge time. Probabbly take a short break from the program maybe 2 weeks to a month. I'd like to make the run through alot diffrent this next time around though. The "challenge" I have realized sounds difficult and overwhelming, I want to make it sound more exciting and fun. Also want to make it more oriented towards the action assignments, solution oriented instead of problem oriented, more talk about funny and exciting things as opposed to the negative aspects of anxiety and depression and the overall goal to increase joy and excitement instead of overcoming the problem of anxiety and depression.

MIke

THH

Post by THH » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:29 pm

Mike,
I too think a break would be good. I'm not sure how to make it more fun? Keeping with the lessons is hard as so many things seam to happen and one needs to talk though it. I know it has helped me by talking it out, but also doing the lesson helps as well. So we can figure out what everyone needs from posting?
The book suggest a two week break, and I did that the first time. The timing seamed good for starting it again. I'm good, what ever you want to do is good for me. ;)

mshope,
I'm game if you guys are???

cj20520

Post by cj20520 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:35 am

Count me in too - I would love to do it again with this kind of support.
cj :D

cj20520

Post by cj20520 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:39 am

Have you all seen the new chat room. Its a mini chat. Strange format.
cj

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”