The Challenge...Lesson 15

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.
Paisleegreen

Re: The Challenge...Lesson 15

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:13 pm

Is this going to be posted as part of Lesson 15 or at the Lesson 1 section on the website?

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:54 pm

OK, we will start on Monday April 11.
I liked Mike's idea for a name... "The building a better life project"....
I will post on lesson 1.... I will also post a link here on lesson 15 so everybody can follow.
I agree with the idea of keeping it positive, I also would like for everybody to post their experiences of the day or the week.
I know I do have some interesting things coming to my life and I would like to share how I did with each one of them..... but we'll talk about those later.
I am so happy to see more people interested. It will be great.... :D

I hope everybody has a wonderful weekend.
Hope

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:49 pm

You too, Hope. I'm looking forward to Monday! :D Paislee :mrgreen:

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:10 pm

Yeah it has been a little overwhelming to read alot of negative stuff, it does get a bit much and then it becomes more stressful to come onto the site than relieving. "Good days" sounds nice, it definately has a ring to it and gives direct focus on where we want to go.

It will also be important to promote the thing again...through chat and threads

Mike

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:09 pm

Ok so we start the program tomorrow. Mcshope lets talk about specifics as to how we want to run this one. Lets talk about the purpose and the vision and come to an agreement so we create a good foundation for this run through.

I do not know your whole vision on this. I believe you were intrested in using the building a better life as the title and that you wanted to be in charge of starting each lesson. Do you share in the idea of keeping this run through about solutions and not so much about problems and instead having a thread where people can vent? What are your ideas and your vision and the purpose that you have for this project of ours? I believe its very important to figure these things out before we go ahead so things are very clear for everybody.

MIke

THH

Post by THH » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi Everyone!
I found this very good video about words. Its really good and works with the program, maybe not real fitting for lesson 15 but well worth the watch! Enjoy ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzgzim5m ... dded#at=13

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:22 pm

THH that video is the kind of thing I had in mind when it came to going through the program again in a more positive light. That video is inspiring, its hopeful and it sends a good message. Its like its own little flame and each time we put these videos up or songs, pictures or anything hopeful and positive it creates a small flame and eventually we can create a bonfire of hope and inspiration and isn't that the opposite of depression? Isn't that the opposite of the fear that keeps us stuck with the anxiety and depression?

Well done for finding this video and I believe things like this can help people on this site and in the world the most! Lets all keep our eyes open for things like this. This is the main goal I am visioning as opposed to the exercises and action assignments and questionares. Those just help us to break through the barriers so we can find more of these things :)

THH, can you repost this in lesson 1 when we start the program again?

Mike

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:32 am

I also suggest starting this in the peer support group section. The people to have the most drive and determination are the ones that have just gotten the program and the ones that don't know what to expect. This does not mean that other people won't benefit but I would think that we could get more people intrested if we were to post there. Let me know what you think before I start advertising this new thread.

MIke

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:41 am

Hello everybody,

I hope you had a good weekend. I will be posting the link later on today. We are starting with Lesson 1.

Mike,

I agree with all the ideas, I would like to keep it positive, but I would like everybody to participate and share experiences. My idea is to have a space to share experiences and ideas as we go thru the program. I will start each lesson and respond to the posts, however it is open to anyone who wants to share the process. Yes, I want to keep the focus on the solutions and the positive aspects of each experience. To me it is important to have a group of people to share the experience of going thru the program, a group of people to share what we have learned. I think venting can be done in other threads. Yes... I was planning on starting the thread in the peer support group.

I have an appointment to go to, when I come back I will start the thread and place a link here.

Hope

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:25 pm

Alright excellent. One of the things I have noticed from the challenge is that I did not really state the purpose that I was aiming for during the entire process. I think we all lost the why and it just kinda fell apart for many people and I'd like to do what i can to prevent that which is why I felt it necessary to talk more about how we want to run this thing. I think we have good plans for a great foundation now and this project has amazing potential.

One thing I want to avoid is a power struggle so I'd like to have open communication during this project. One thing I'd like to do in the beginning is to talk about the ideas of sharing inspirational, loving, positive and thought provoking music, video, stories, pictures and ideas as part of the project and as part of boosting the mood and creating those positive feelings we are striving for. I do not want to upstage anybody or come off controlling or ignorant so I am asking you if its ok for me to talk about those things and some of the boundries when it comes to this project (ie if you feel you need to vent we have a thread for this which is linked to the project but It is best to keep the negative stuff to a minimum in this thread or this project is about solutions as opposed to problems but in some cases its important to talk about situations that have arisen in order to come up with solutions but to keep the details about it brief and only talk about whats necessary...and stuff like that)

I'd like this project to reach its highest potential in helping others out and I'd also like to have it where there is open communication as in if someone feels hurt by what another person has said or did then it would be best to talk that out instead of supressing it and that we could do in PMs. We could also connect on a more real time platform such as the mini chat here or some instant messenger chat if anybody wants to do that as well.

Mike

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”