I Need Some Help ASAP

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.
tonydlykins

I Need Some Help ASAP

Post by tonydlykins » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:23 pm

Hello all, I am in some desperate need of help and advice. In the next two days I will be faced with the most difficult decision in my entire anxiety life. My fiancee grandmother died and they are going to go to Indiana from Pittsburgh for about four days for the funeral. I have to choose either go with them and put up with one of my top fears of traveling to the unknown or doing one of my other top fears of staying home by myself with no one around that I know. We found out about this yesterday and my anxiety now is out of this word. I have been in a constant state of anxiety non-stop since yesterday. I have cried, which I never do, get mad, ask god for help, call a psych ward. My fiancee wanted me to take a zanac but I was to scared because that is probably by third biggest fear. So in the next few days I am faces with not one, not two but my three biggest fears all at the same time. I know I will continue the constant anxiety until this whole thing is over on Tuesday when they are suppose to be home. I do not know what to do, I have no idea how to even go about this. I am so scared, I have never been this scared in my entire life. Someone please help.

Paisleegreen

Re: I Need Some Help ASAP

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:14 pm

How did you do Tony?

crusader

Post by crusader » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:23 pm

well i wish i would have been here for this one...i just went through that at the start of last year! hadnt seen my friends back home in 10 years! and there i was. going back to the one place i swore never to go. the place i had my first panic attack...i was so nervous but it was time to be bold! i did it... i what if'd it to death... i breathed...i was alone had no meds cuz i dont take em and no program because i didnt know...i shook i thought deeply i got the start of a panic attack and talked myself out of it....i went! i did it! and nothing happened... then i was like wow what the heck? hahah i even tryed to feel upset! i thought i should this was a big deal! but nothing... no anxiety... no panic attack... because there was no reason to be afraid... and now when i travel. i remember. there is really no land the is diffrent...its not like we are going to drive into narnia. I know it sounds silly but i really tell myself this to calm me down. they have trees in this new place and water and roads and the sky and its all the same...just moved around a little bit. and its ok. there is nothing there that can hurt me anymore then there is here where i live now. im safe. my own safe place. im calm and its ok. everything works out in the end. I hope you did go. and if not. i hope you do travel soon. because this life is yours, you can choose to be afraid or when your body chooses that for you lol which happens you can choose to let it or live... keep going. keep hoping... see what there is to see beyond your front door...everyone does it! we are all ok. Nobody has ever died from looking at something new. it can stick in your head but only if you let it. its YOUR mind. Own it. trust yourself. you know you better then anyone =)

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:30 pm

Great Story! I went back home last year...and it was a bit anxiety producing. Noone lives there in the town anymore that is my family, so it is a bit different to go there. Trees were taller and more buildings built. It did bring on some anxiety or anxious moments before I knew what Anxiety was all about. But it was rewarding to see the people I care about and hadn't seen them for a long time, and on the other side experienced being with old friends that I can see we no longer have too much in common.

So both experiences are good, b/c I survived them both and gain wisdom. My new experience next week is to go to a mountain resort town and stay at a place where I stayed with my children when they were young. Now they are adults and son is gone due to him taking his own life. So I'm going to go do all the things I did with my children when they were little, probably by myself, not sure what family members will show up. But I'm going to flow with it and feel the feelings. I just hope I don't get stressed out packing for the trip! That gives me anxiety of making decisions, should I pack this outfit or that one? LOL! :lol:
Paislee :mrgreen:

crusader

Post by crusader » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:10 pm

im sorry to hear about the loss of your son. Im about to go to visit my brother and stay with him for a bit. I always get anxiety when i move to a new place and idk why that is... im not sure why it happens so i cant fix it...its sucks =/ hopefully with this program i can work through it though this time...

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:21 pm

I would have anxiety too if I had to move to a new place. Thanks for the condolences, he is truly missed. Paislee

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”