It's back after five years

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.
KKross

Post by KKross » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

I started this program five years ago. After ten years of anxiety, this was the best thing that i tried. I felt like a new person. After some stressful things regarding my health, which are now mostly resolved, my anxiety and depression is back. I find myself avoiding doing things because of my anxiety. I feel like I'm approaching square one. Has anyone been through this and has some advice? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:28 pm

Hi KKross. I have had similar experiences, feeling like moving back to the beginning. It's okay, just go back through the program, relearning your skills if you need to. I think considering your circumstances, its normal that you are feeling that anxiety/depression again.

Good luck to you, friend.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:37 am

Hello KKross:

My panic attacks came back after 10 years, when a close friend died. But at least this time I knew what was happening and could deal with it so it wasn't as scarey. I know that it's discouraging for you right now but you know what you're dealing with now and have the tools to fight it. So you're not starting from square 1!

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:55 pm

hello i can totally relate !! its back after 15 for me i had my first panic attack again my anxiety slowly returned and i gradually fell into the old ways . my wife is ill and very depreesesd from a chronic illness and i lost my dad to alzheimers . so started smoking pot again a couple years back and stopped exercising ands forgot all my coping skills it seems . i hads gotten to the point that i avoided doing things like shopping and going places with friends cause of the need to get out syndrome . i am simply thinking the wrong way again . its a struggle again but you just have to go out and try things and never beat yourself up over it . tommorows another race and another day !! as i just went to a mall for an eye exam and floated my way through it and did well but . when my wife and i went out to lunch to wait for my prescription glasses . i had a spell at the resturant and then had to go back to the mall . one of my fears . and then get fitted it was crowded and i was very anxious i made it out with all my symptons. and beat myself up a nervous wreck . and felt anxious all night . well after getting home i noticed and error . so instead of putting it off and beating myself up all weekend over having to go back there i scooped myself up and went back over and faced the fear . and had to drive the half hour down the highway and did it myself the doctor wrote the wrong script for my right eye and apologized i floated through the anxiety and i am a better man today for it ! happy fourth of july evereyone

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:32 am

Hello all,

I am struggling again with symptoms too. I went through the program in 2009 and learned alot. I got better but now I am struggling again with going places and doing things. I know I need to go through the program again as that will help me but I am discouraged as I had some good days there for awhile and was able to get out and go places and do things and now I feel like I am back at square one. :( For me, it is mostly functioning through the symptoms. I still struggle with doing so many things that there are days I feel like I am just existing. Thanks for letting me vent.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:52 pm

just keep your head up and believe in the positive !! there is a lot of slagging of this program i have been seeing on the net as of late . i am living proof it works . i lived anxiety free for 13 years after program .flying and doing everything i wanted . i blame my setback on smoking to much pot and forgetting my coping skills . and going through my dad having alzheimers and my wifes chronic illnesses fibromylagia .

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:48 am

Hi steveracer,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I do think the program is very helpful - I just need to put some of things into practice and not let fear immobilize me.

You did go through alot and I can see why anxiety would rear it's ugly head again in your life. Hope things get better for you.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:20 am

thanks simple truths i did go to work for the first time and stayed all day and got through it !! i have been actually welcoming the panic instead of fearing it the symptoms worked so far ! had a few anxious moments but worked through them . sleeping at night has become difficult i took a tylenol pm it seems to help

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:17 pm

Wow! Steveracer, that is great! You did awesome!! One day at a time and you'll make it through. Hope you have a great weekend and gets lots of rest. :)

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:25 pm

YES I HAVE BEEN DOING EXCELLENT WORKING AY MY SHOP . SHOPPING IN STORES . AND I EVEN WENT TO THE LOCAL FAIR FIVE TIMES JUST TO PRACTICE ! sorry for yelling now i have a different challenge insomnia .. it started last sat . then a bad episode wed and last night now i dread bedtime and tonight even after drinking sleepytime tea ! here i sit mind and heart racin a bit help anyone i have no health insurance till october . and dont really like meds or trust using them . advil or tylenol pm maybe

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”