Growth spurt due to illness

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.
rose_thorn98

Post by rose_thorn98 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:35 pm

I finshed the program 3 1/2 years ago and have been doing just great. But now I have been having a major health problem and it has caused me to become very anxious and depressed. My doctors have not yet been able to diagnose my health problem. It is understandably very scary. I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced a growth spurt due to an illness and what they did to help themselves get through it?
~The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King, Jr~

Jazelle

Post by Jazelle » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:23 pm

Yes, I was ill recently with the flu, went back to work too early because I THOUGHT I felt better, and really can't recognize the signals of when I'm overdoing it because I'm such a multitasker and overachiever!!
To overcome this I will journal when I first starting feeling overwhelmed each day and the steps necessary to take action LITTLE by LITTLE!

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”