Growth spurt

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.
rose_thorn98

Post by rose_thorn98 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:14 am

I've been doing fantastic. Just completely wonderful, better than I have in years. Then out of the blue, yesterday I wake up at 2 am with anxiety, have it all day, and then again this morining wake up at 2 am. I have not had these issues for at least 1 1/2 years or more. I'm so frustrated. I think to myself, what is bothering me? But I can't place it.

I have had some temporary change in my life and it may be the cause, but I just never imagined that I'd end up with anxiety this bad again. I feel so discouraged and frustrated. I keep thinking that I'll never sleep normally again and that I'm going to get real bad again. Please help, I need some encouragement.
Last edited by rose_thorn98 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
~The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King, Jr~

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:40 am

Indeed, I do understand what you are saying. Changes are a big stressor for me as well. I will do the waking up between 2 - 3 am, feeling generally uncomfortable and unable to sleep. For me, this early morning waking is most often associated with rehearsals. I begin a rehearsal of what I think I could have or should have done/said. That nonsense will just recycle over and over until I Jump Out, using the skills from those later sessions. I hope you try this, and hope it helps. Always helps me. Identify what is recycling in your mind, keeping you awake, leaving you with so much unfinished whatever that your focus is on something that literally is like an endless circle, instead of a path to a solution. You can do this. You helped me with past advice, so I know you know this program!
Kind regards.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:25 am

Thanks Pecos, you are right about those sessions we have at night. Its funny how that part of our personality can rear its head when we least expect it. I realized that I was resisting the anxiety since it had been so long since I'd had it. Once I allowed myself to accept it I was able to laugh at myself.

This was the first time I've experienced anxiety over something subconscious. I was facing some big challenges, things I've not done in over 5 years, and on the surface I didn't feel anxious, but I know it was subconscious because after I did the things I was doing, all the anxiety went away. And after the event, I realized that "of course I was anxious, look at all the challenges I was facing." I had been doing so well that I didn't even realize how much I was challenging myself. In the end, I accomplished the task, and I feel so proud of myself, and the anxiety has now gone. I think this was my first true growth spurt.

Liz V.

Post by Liz V. » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:21 am

I finished the program 6-7 weeks ago. I find that I was feeling confident, doing things I haven't done in a really long time. Then, I found out that a HUGE change was about to take place in my life. I began anticipating (right before I finished the program)this change and then was terrified when the change actually happened. Still working on getting comfortable with this change. Point is, I had become very anxious and depressed again. I now see that it's a growth spurt and look forward to feeling better again. I started the program again. Wish me luck :)

Myturn

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”