Importance of continuing care

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.
Michael

Post by Michael » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:52 am

Hello everyone,

I have been affiliated with the StressCenter.com for the past ten years six of which as a coach. Based on my personal and coaching experiences I cannot stress the importance of continuing care. Often times I coach people who recover completely from debilitating anxiety and "good health bad memory" kicks in. Meaning they quit doing what they did to stay well. Alot of this is simply being human however I stress to all to maintain a sound support system to fall back on when experiencing lifes challenges. Be proactive and continue to maintain emotional muscle. Our brain is a muscle and needs "cognitive calestenics". I find my anxiety a blessing because I have been able to live life to the fullest embracing precious present moments!! God Bless to all!!

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:05 pm

Thank you for posting. And thanks for the tip. I will remember it. :)

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:24 pm

Wow thats a long time to be affiliated with the StressCenter.com and I agree with what you say. I've done it myself when i went through the program the first time around and I did fall back because I stopped using the skills. The skills are not some kinda pill or miracle activity that you can do for a short period of time and have the problem permenantly go away...its similar to the idea of diets. You can go on a diet but if you stop and return back to the lifestyle you had before, you will just get the same results you had before which had lead you to going on the diet in the first place. So if you stop doing the skills and go back to how you did things before you will end up with the same results you had which lead you to using the program. Why put yourself through all that suffering again?

Mike

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”