Pregnant!

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.
Didde

Post by Didde » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:20 pm

Hi!
OK, now I need help! I'm pregnant for the first time after a long time trying. And I need some advise. I'm nauseous all the time, not only in the morning and I'm tired all the time. And this is only week 4. Can I please get some advise what I can do to make this better? It's hard to be at work for 9 hours a day with these symtoms. It is almost like the same symtoms I've had during my anxiety but the relaxation tape doesn't work so much right now.
I feel so tired and scared that I'm not ready for this.
//Didde

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:34 am

Didde,
That is normal for you to feel that way in the first few months of pregnancy. Your body is adjusting to the new life in you. It takes alot out of you. I have 2 children and that is how I felt with both of mine. It will get better. The sickness doesnt last forever, maybe like 2 or 3 months and your body will get use to you being pregnant and you wont be so tired all the time. You will get through this and when you have your baby in your arms you will know it was all worth it. Good luck with everything and if you have any uestions just let me know.

Jen

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:44 pm

Congratulations! How wonderful! I have 3 young children, ages 6,4 and 1 and let me tell you, I felt exhausted until about week 20 regardless of the number of hours I'd sleep. It's all of the hormones in your body. Yes, 'morning' sickness is a myth, it's ALL day sickness. I'm sure a male doctor coined the 'morning sickness' phrase! I was working nights while pregnant with my third and as a nurse in a NICU (premature babies), I had to stay on my toes all night! So I would come home in the morning completely wiped out, I finally switched to part time, it got to be too much.

Just be good to yourself right now, relax and enjoy your pregnancy. Before you know it, that little one will be kicking and squirming and you will be reveling in the wonder that comes with it!
Take care!

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:26 am

Now in week 10 and not as nauseous anymore, only a little in the morning. Don't like the weight gain though. I know it's I can't avoid gaining weight but this has been my problem my whole life, to be overweight. The last few years a finally got my weight where I want it and I'm terrified I won't get it back after my pregnancy. Most women around me haven't lost it and are now overweight. I don't think I eat unhealthy, prehaps more food. Any advise how to not gain more then necessary?
Hugs Didde

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:08 am

Hi there--congratulations on the baby!!! I am 7 months along with my third, and last child, and was a little overweight to begin with. fortunately (???) my "morning sickness" caused a loss of 20 lbs in the beginning, so I am still under my pre-pregnancy weight now, but my doc told me to not gain at all beyond where I started would be good. It is hard because you crave lots of things, I have tried hard to just limit the sweets and not eat late at night. I drink water almost exclusively. Little meals all day long seem to work best, and I've gained 9 lbs back since losing the initial 20.

You will lose the weight after baby, especially if you nurse. I lost 40 lbs after my last baby within 2 months of delivery, just through my own fault gained it back and then some!

Good luck to you, and again, congratulations on that little one!!!! :) Tara

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:42 pm

Hey!
Anyone have any idea how to sleep all night long? I usually wake at 5 am and can't get back to sleep. By the time I have to get up I'm exhausted.
/Didde

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:37 am

Sometimes pregnancy can cause alterations in your sleeping patterns, so it could just be due to hormones. Also, the incredible fatigue that is common to early pregnancy is due to the fact that your body is building the placenta...the placenta is complete by week 16, so the fatigue will be MUCH better after that. Hang in there. I had horrible insomnia all during my second pregnancy that disappeared completely 24 hours after I delivered, so it had to have been hormones. Just rest quietly until it is time to get up, and think positive thoughts to yourself.

Mom of 6

Post by Mom of 6 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:29 am

Thank you all for all your reasuring words.
I still not sleeping right but I feel really good anyway. I bought my first pair of mama pants yesterday and they feel great. I've tried to have my jeans on until now and had to realise that they probably was the cause of my nausea. I got my ultrasound booked for the 6th of march so that will be exating.
Spring is coming and the days is getting lighter, I've started to revisit the program so I know everything will be ok. Just as we have learned.
Many hugs Didde
"O God, you are my God. Earnestly I seek you;my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is BETTER than life,my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name, I will lift up my hands." Psalms 63

Paige...

Post by Paige... » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:05 pm

Hey!
Just an update. I've been to two ultrasound since last time and "Pyret" is doing great. I'm also feeling much better even if the back is aching and the belly is tence. The spring is finally here in Sweden and the snow is slowly disapeering. I made it though one more winter, this time it was much easier then a couple of years ago. I will always be greatful to Lucinda and her program, it really changed my life. After the program I have quit smoking, been to a carribean cruise, got married in Las Vegas, bought a house and I am 5 months pregnant. The one that see most change in me is my husband and he is so proud of me. But the one that is most proud of me is me. I know now that I can overcome anything and I can do everything I want. I still have low times and get nervous over new experiencies but I always have the program to go back to for help and support and I can always come in this forum and get some advise from all you guys.
Thank you so much and god bless
Didde
[COLOR:PURPLE][B]~ Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. ~[/B][/COLOR]

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”