Does anyone else have Adrenal Fatigue ?

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
Sunshine2da

Post by Sunshine2da » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:14 pm

I was diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue 3 months ago and have learned it can be caused by stress! I have dealt with anxiety, panic attacks and major stress issues for most of my life (I'm now 60). I had never heard of Adrenal Fatigue before this. It is very debilitating. It would be nice to talk to others that have had this and hear how they have dealt with it.
Jeri

stargazer

Post by stargazer » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:47 am

Hi sunshine! I'm 28 and have been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue by a chinese herbalist. He has put me on some herbal supplements and I've had one session of acupuncture. He seems pretty confident that I will be feeling better in about 5 weeks. It's something that can be cured with natural supplements. I will be asking my endocrinologist to test me for adrenal fatigue as well (just to make sure)! I also have Hashimoto's. (Thyroid antibodies). Too much stress can definitely cause adrenal fatigue. It's releasing too much stress hormones and essentially "runs out". You can definitely make yourself feel better by taking some supplements. I would discuss it with your doctor as to which ones would help. Hope you feel better soon!

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:09 am

I understand that when you can cry again then you know you are on the road to recovery. I have been touched by this due to extreme stress over a long period of time (eight years at a job I hated while raising a rebellious teenage boy). Everybody's different so this may not be for you but I used amino acid supplements and Omega-3 and exercised in moderation along with plenty of rest and that helped me get back to normal. This program helps me handle anxiety by being less affected by the ups and downs of life and I hope to avoid ever getting adrenal fatigue again.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:11 am

Hello,

I can't help wondering whether I might have adrenal fatigue. My blood pressure has a way of plummeting, and staying low for weeks or even months. This morning it was eighty-something (83, I think) over 59! It leaves me light-headed, tired, spacey, with orthostatic hypotension, etc. Then, day before yesterday, I kept feeling shivery. I began taking my terperature, too. Today it was 96.8.

I made an appointment to see my primary care physician about it, but the earliest I could get is three weeks off. Anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks.
purpmartin

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:18 am

Hi:
I am in no way educated along these lines. But somehow it does seem to me that waiting 3 weeks to see a doctor about a blood pruessure that low
is risky. But I might be wrong.
I think that I would keep monitoring for a couple of days and if it stayed that low I'd think that a trip to emergency room is warranted.
I sure don't want to add to your concerns.
But I feel that is a very low blood pressure.
My dystolic stays at about 60 or 66. But the systolic is higher. The reason my dystolic is low like that is because they give me medication to bring the upper number down.
Seem like 83 is very low for systolic. But I realize that I'm not really informed on this.
Just thinking.
MJ

Post by Guest » Mon May 04, 2009 2:02 am

Hi, Cornflower,

I emailed my doc at the environmental medicine clinic to get his input on this. He called back Th. evening and said he'd go to the ER if it were him. He actually sounded as though he were urging me to go. So I went (a neighbor drove me there; I took a cab home), but I felt foolish doing it.

The only thing they found was that my potassium levels were "at the low end of normal", so the doc put me on potassium pills (humongous horse-pills that I have to break in half because they're far too big to swallow whole; fortunately they break easily) for 15 days. Besides, in the evening my blood pressure is "normal". I told them that these low readings are first thing in the morning. For now, anyhow. I had a spell months long where I was getting those low readings at the doctor's office. Apparently I don't have white coat syndrome!

The doc at the ER wanted me to follow up on my ER visit as soon as possible. I was able to get an appointment for day after tomorrow, although not with my regular PCP. I'll keep the appointment with my regular PCP, because if any follow-up tests are to be done she might have to be the one to order them.

purpmartin

derfy

Post by derfy » Mon May 04, 2009 5:33 am

Hi Purpmartin:
I'm glad to hear that you did get some professional advice. I know that foolish feeling one gets when going to ER. I've never had to do that but once. No twice. Once in 2000 with a kidney stone. I didn't feel so foolish then as I was in so much pain. But when I went in with a rush of PVC's I felt very foolish. Yet when I'd called my doctor's office they wanted me to go. What was happening with those PVC's was that my Blood Pressure Machine wasn't counting them. And so my blood pressure machine was saying that my pulse was 37. After 6 hours in the ER they knew that my machine was wrong of course and what was wrong with it. (I'd taken it with me to show why i was there because as you say, I felt so foolish for going.
The reason I was having so many PVC's was because I was coming off a strong medication and had such high anxiety.
But I am happy to say that I was successful in getting off the medication, it was hard,but I succeeded.
And I feel much better for it.

Though I'd never advise anyone to get rid of their meds. Never.

Anyway, I'm so glad that you did seek some better advice.
And I do hope that this situation clears up for you. It is very agravating to say the least.
And keeps one on edge.
Best wishes!!!
MaryJane
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
We ask ourselves...
who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are we not to be? --Unknown
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/sigsAvatarsEtc/loveyouguysWave.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/sigsAvatarsEtc/ValHeartsSmiHug.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/SigTags/LynneCocoaMo-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Post by Guest » Thu May 07, 2009 9:48 am

Hi,
Yesterday I followed up on last Thursday's visit to the ER. I couldn't get a visit with my regular PCP so soon, and had to see another doctor. He thinks the Elavil (which I take because of a sleep disorder) might be to blame for the hypotension and dizziness. But if so, why is the problem intermittent rather than constant? Anyhow, he's had me reduce the Elavil from 50mg to 25mg, to see whether that helps. I also took along my home blood pressure meter to have it checked for accuracy, and it's OK.

I wish I'd also had them check my thermometer for accuracy. This morning it read 96.1! I don't know whether that's significant.

I'm still going to keep the appointment with my regular doctor on May 19. Various tests and re-checks have been suggested, and she'll probably have to be the one to order them, or else refer me to an endocrinologist for it... sometimes I feel like I'm stuck on a merry-go-round that won't stop. Is THAT why I feel dizzy ;)?
purpmartin

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”