Fibromyalgia

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:08 am

Hello,

It's been a while since I posted on this thread and I've found some new info on Fibromyalgia. I see a naturopathic physician for my hormone imbalance and he is giving me 2000 I.U. of Vitamin D every day. There have been recent studies that show that people with Fibro are deficient in Vit D and when they take excessive amounts, their condition improves. I am noticing a difference already. PLEASE BE AWARE: people who take excessive amounts of vitamin D must have their levels checked regularly (blood work) as too much can become toxic. Only a naturopathic physician will do this.

Hope this helps.
Eileen :)

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:38 pm

:?hey everyone, this is my first chat ever, I DON'T even know if Im doing it right? but whats right and what's wrong? I received my kit on Tuesday night, managed the intro, and relax CD. Wednesday am, started to get things together and BAM...hurting overwhelmed, called StressCenter and talked to Cindy. How awesome this company and people are. She talked me out of a anxiety attack, which really only started happening in the last month. I have Chronic Migranines, Fibro, Stetnosis of the spine, and arthritis. But no doctor could tell me why, so I started to doubt myself...even though the pain was very real. I'm heard Drs. say to "Try God", See a Pyschtrist, It's in your head, Just "be happy", etc. I was frustrated, depressed, and anxious when the doctor just didn't do anything! Since I have to take meds (right now) for the migraines, and fibro...drs. assumed I was abusing them. Even went to a local Rehab, who laughed and said I didn't belong there! Any everyone knows, if there's a way for them to take your money then they will! So at least my husband and I got piece of mind with that. I hate taking meds, never liked them, but you do what you have to, to get through. I'm excited about this program, I was doing my devotional and begging God to take this away from me,( listening to my christian music always uplifted me) then I came in and turned on the tv, which I hardly ever watch, and Lucinda's informercial was on. I never watch that channel, so I knew it was from God. I ordered it immed. and when I talked to the customer service rep, was astonsished by her eagerness to talk, and to make me comfortable. Another blessing! I'm used to being skeptical and waiting on the judgement that seems to follow me around...even though I'm a good person, generous, creative, loving, and loyal. People seem to just poo poo and treat me anyway they want. I come from a large extended family, and even though we are not close, they still act as if your business is there's and they know it all. I only see these people maybe two to three times a year, at my psychologist suggestion. I wouldn't be friends with them if they weren't my relatives. Blood doesn't make you have to like each other! It amazes me that they stones they throw around, when they need to look in the mirror themselves. May the person without sin, troubles, throw the first stone! Wouldn't happen. I know I'm rambling, but after the first lesson, seems a lot of things are coming to me that I have pushed under the rug. I am supposed to get my meds refilled to help with my fibro, but not sure I want to keep taking them! I have felt better in the last three days than I have in a long time. I can Fake it when I have to, but I mostly stay a home in my p.j.'s. So then, I don't have to Fake it. I just don't know what to do in the mean time, of the lessons, DVD. and Relax CD. I have been piddling around the house doing more, but that wore me out and I stayed in the bed until 12:00pm today, reviewed my lesson, workbook, and did relax cd, and fell asleep again for a couple of hours. The fibro is flaring, I guess due to the very cold here, and the stress of uncovering many things this week that I didn't even now bothered me.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:51 am

I too have fibro, and know that my anxiety makes it worse,does anyone have any advice on what to take for sleep? I like all of us don't like taking meds, but know this not sleeping through the night maakes everything worse. Any advice on what has helped?

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:48 am

I also have fibro and when I have problems with sleep, I take 3 Benedryl and that helps. What I eat also affects the fibro, so I'm looking forward to getting to the CD on nutrition. I'm addicted to carbs, overweight and too tired to excercise... terrible combination!! I'm going to be taking this program very seriously as I'm tired of living this way and ready to live life more fully!!! I just started with the intro DVD yesterday and began listening to the 1st CD today.

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”