Fibromyalgia

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
chygirl

Post by chygirl » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:17 am

rubberbones, sorry I forgot I wanted to mention the bike too. How is this different than a regular bicycle or exercise bike. I have never heard of it. I do some bicycle riding just outdoors along with walking and light jogging.
Thanks again!

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:23 am

What really helps is avoiding white flour, carbohydrates sugar and caffine. During stress, that is what is craved. I need to remind myself to take care of my body and the mind will follow!

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:06 am

Meadowlark, you are soooo right about the cravings during stress. I eat and eat until I'm just sick. I feel so much better when I'm eating right or at least trying to. I think I feel better mentally to when eating right because I know I'm doing the right thing even if my body still hurts.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:09 pm

Soblue, I had a very stressful day today at work. I drank two huge glasses of iced tea that I love and had white bread on a sandwich with a salad for lunch. To top it off, I stopped for an ice cream (chocolate) on the way home. The thing is, I know better. I am feeling more emotions now, particularly anger. Working on #6 for the details. I have got to go swimmong tomorrow. That really helps. It's a local school so it is not expensive.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:10 pm

...and another thing: I feel sad. I feel for myself. I feel for all of us who have suffered, so many in silence.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:24 am

I also have been newly diagnosed with fibro. It is awful, and right now I am having a difficult time. I am a nurse who works in a hospital midnight shifts, and I have found that there are times I feel like I just can't move, and I could sleep for days. I was exercising, and that did help me out, but I broke my thumb, and well, I have gained wt, and not got back into the program. If anyone has any info to get me re- motivated so to speak, I would be very happy to get it. Thanks

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:10 am

HI my name is mark,need some suport with lyme disease.things I go threw 6/20/07---night sweats hot then noemal then hot again then when to bed.neck tight,brain fog,feet hurt,ear's ringing loud
6/21 07 ----neck tight ,ear's ringing loud,feet hurt
6/22/07---Had a good mornig and did some lawn work and over did it,In a lot of pain,chest hrts,feet hurts,kness,
6/23/07 neck is all tight ,ear's ringing load,hand hurt,elbows,brain fog, stress.
6/24/07---Back hurts,ear's ringing,brain fog,kness hurt,feet hurts
6/25/07---inbearable back Pain(because I shoveled dirt to long)have been in a lot of pain for three days now.
ear's ringing,brain fog,kness hurt,feet hurts,did rife machine for 2 mins on code 20

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:59 pm

Thanks everyone for your posts. It is awful when you just cannot find some relief from these pains. This program is really helping me to cope with my stress levels, monitoring my thinking patterns and finding ways to make sure I take care of myself. I am so thankful I have been able to do well at my new job, which I started about the same time as this program. I have to tell you that negative thinking patterns will cripple us and we are responsible for doing our part to get better now.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:45 pm

Hi! This is my first time posting a message. I also have Fibromyalgia. I am in a flare-up triggered by some severe allergic reactions. I recently received a postcard from the "Fibromyalgia & Fatique Centers Incorporated". There web site is <A HREF="http://www.fibroandfatigue.com" TARGET=_blank>www.fibroandfatigue.com</A>. I am considering checking this out if I cannot find a rheumatologist - in my area - who is knowledgeable about treating Fibromyalgia. You may want to check this out. Luigi

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:06 pm

I have fibromyalgia and I hate as I'm sure you do, but it seems like there is nothing that I can do about it. I wish you could tell me what to do. Medications, like excedrine and Ibropro. doesn't help at all.
Good luck to you,.\Maxine

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”