Fibromyalgia

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
soblue

Post by soblue » Wed May 16, 2007 10:18 am

Anyone have any good info on help for Fibromyalgia. I would love to here anything.

Post by Guest » Wed May 16, 2007 10:50 am

Go to the forums under chronic disease sufferers there are several threads on "Fibro" or Fibromyalgia. You will find much info there.

Post by Guest » Wed May 16, 2007 11:14 am

Here is a list of centers which specialize in FM. Maybe there is one close to you: <A HREF="http://www.fibroandfatigue.com/center_locations.php" TARGET=_blank>http://www.fibroandfatigue.com/center_locations.php</A>

Post by Guest » Thu May 17, 2007 6:10 am

Barb, Thanks for your response. I have posted some other threads and have not gotten any reponse. It makes me feel sad so thank you again. I have gone to the more recent forums on this subject but I'll have to go a little deeper. I was mostly wondering whether someone has tried anything new that has helped them recently.

Beyond, Thank You too. I have actually sent for and received the info on the center in Salt Lake City which is 3 hours from where I am but I have no insurance and no extra $ to go. Although I just e-mailed them to see if they have any payment plans and how manyu appts I would need where they are so far away. Do you have Fibro and if so have you gone or know of anyone who has gone to these centers?

Thanks again to both of you!!!

Post by Guest » Thu May 17, 2007 8:08 am

Soblue
If you'd like to email me or pm me I would be happy to talk to you about my experience with fibromyalgia and what has worked for me---I no longer have major problems with this. But from 1994-2001 I felt like I had the flu about 9 months of the year. Good luck

Post by Guest » Sat May 19, 2007 6:43 am

soblue,

I take it you are newly diagnsoed with fibromyalgia? I can help you with information and resources, and there may be a support group in your area which could be beneficial to you.

I've been "diagnosed" for about 3 years now but I think I've had fibro for at least 10 years. I have a friend who has been on guaifenisen for about 5 years now and he is doing much, much better. Go to: <A HREF="http://www.fibromyalgiatreatment.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.fibromyalgiatreatment.com/</A>
for info on this. There are a lot of somewhat "hokey" remedies and treatments for fibro out there, some have worked for some people with managing their symptoms, but this is the only treatment I have heard of where some people have recovered most of their former health. Of course, it hasn't worked for everyone, but keep in mind that there have been no long-term ill effects from it.

Believe me, I understand - this is a tough illness. Let me know how I can help.

Boo

keithjoy

Post by keithjoy » Sat May 19, 2007 1:12 pm

Dear Soblue...I feel your pain, literally. I have osteoarthritis, anf fibromyalgia pretty much everywhere. My Drs. are using anti-depressant namely (cymbalta) and aquatic therapy. There is also a great website...very informative...go to <A HREF="http://www.mayoclinic.com" TARGET=_blank>www.mayoclinic.com</A> it's a one stop shop on fibro...hope this helps. the water therapy help but no major changes for me. I'm going through a bad spell now...good luck

Post by Guest » Mon May 21, 2007 9:12 am

Boolea, thanks for the response. I was diagnosed with fibro clear back in about 1993. I was lucky to have a cousin who was a rheumatologist and knew about this condition. I have tried so many things and nothing seems to help even good vitamins. I have never heard of guaifenisen but I'll sure research it out and thanks for the website I'll check it out right now and let you know how it went.

Post by Guest » Mon May 21, 2007 9:17 am

Gaylescats, I'm sorry about the bad spell your going thru. Is the Cymbalta just for the fibro or for anxiety and depression too. I was just researching that drug before I got on this forum because I am going back downhill with the anxiety and depression so I don't think the Lexapro I'm on is working as I once thought. I'm not sure whether to give it a while or switch. I lived in a bigger town when I put my husband thru school back when I was diagnosed with Fibro and did the water therapy then. It felt good. Where we live now there is no decent swimming pool so I can't do that but I still hope there is something out there to help us all. I'll go into your website and study it out. Thanks for your response and I hope your pain lifts soon.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:01 am

Dear Soblu

Sorry for the delay...haven't been on regularly...I'm working on getting better about that..sorry to hear the Lexapro isn't working...the Cymbalta I was on for 2 year, off now..but...it is an antidepressant that also help with physical ailments some people have who are diagnosed with depression...thats the claim, but I never really noticed it helping with my physical aches,pains, but did seem to work as antidepressant, until I had my latest meltdown...so take it for what it's worth..hope you feel better soon

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”