Not a chronic Disease

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
christinepsc

Post by christinepsc » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:55 am

However I have a pain it is not severe but it is making me real nervous! In my lower right abdomon. It is aching. It stabs or throbs 10 to 15 times an hour. It was there last week and got better almost to the point of being gone. When I told my GP he said wait another couple of weeks and see if it goes away and if not here is a refferal for an ultrasound. Well it is quite painful again today. I am terrified I have some type of cancer. I just can't bring myself to go. I don't take any medication due to fear. I don't go to any tests from doctors. Today I did call to get an appointment for an ultrasound. Well they gave me an appointmetn for JULY 25, 2008!! Imagine!

I don't know if I can go anyway!
~*~Christine~*~

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:29 am

Christine, I certainly can relate. We get under stress and try to analyze every little symptom that we have. I don't like going to doctors either, but as females, we have to. There are certain tests that we must have yearly. I had a rapid heart beat and I just knew that I was having a heart attack. I eventually went to the emergency room and had several tests(ekg,catscan, ua, blood)performed and they found nothing. I then had to tell my regular physician that I had been in the hospital and had to go through another series of blood & urinte testing. I was petrified! I was just stressed, that's all. The high blood pressure and rapid heart beat were my own doing, just because of panic & anxiety! My heart beats out of my chest when I have to visit my physician, but all because of my fear. Once the appointment is over, I'm all right. You will do just fine!

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:56 am

Thank you so much! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy I found a place where people understand me and don't judge me. I really am!

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”