Blurred Vision

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
wantrelief

Post by wantrelief » Tue May 26, 2009 2:43 pm

Please get your eye pressure checked by a professional, not just by some optical place in a mall. I had that blurry vision for years off and on with anxiety and now I'm on pressure drops. STRESS IS BAD FOR YOUR EYE PRESSURE. Don't take it for granted please! I cannot stress it enough!!!!!! When you vision gets blurred, breath in and out slowly, that will help keep your pressures down.

wantrelief

Post by wantrelief » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:55 pm

Please ask your eye doctor for a good exam. I used to get blurred vision a lot with anxiety and was found to have high eye pressure which if left untreated causes blindness. Do NOT take this lightly, get it checked out. Sometimes symptoms are important to check out and it's not always in our head, no pun intended. Ask for a pressure check, it's where they give you drops and then put a device on your eye to measure the pressure. Like high blood pressure, it can damage your eyes. I speak from experience, not just anxiety. I thought it was nothing, and it was something. They generally don't check people under 40 but they should check everyone over 21...eyesight is precious.

Pauly J

Post by Pauly J » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:01 pm

I just went to the eye doctor today for bluriness, and found out that I have early Glaucoma! Said the eye pressure was a little high! Said not to worry for another 10 or so years! This just bummed me out! She said that it isnt caused by being stressed! She just shined the light in my eyes and saw the Glaucoma, even without dilating the pupils! I read that the pupils need to be dilated when being tested???

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:09 am

Interesting...I've always had a "puff" of air shot at me to test for Glaucoma and just last week when I went in for an eye exam, they used some kind of light beam. I also was tested or looked at while my eye were dilated and the eye Dr did the looking as I was instructed to look many different directions. The Dr checked both eyes while I did this.

I was told my stigmatism has gone away and that my ability to see far distance has improved that I don't need to wear glasses to drive. Although I still do, as they do help to read street signs before I am up to the road I need to turn onto. :p I just don't need them legally.

Sorry about the diagnosis, I guess you might need to question the office some. I have always had the puff of air and this time a beam of light from a "pen" was used. So I guess that must have been for glaucoma.

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”