chronic fatigue

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
KarenB42

Post by KarenB42 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:21 am

i have been suffereing from chronic fatigue now fro over 5 years (at least that is when i was first diagnosed with it). Does anyone else have chronic fatigue? if so, waht brings on your episodes? what do you do?

BookOfPsalms

Post by BookOfPsalms » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:37 am

hi there-
what are symptoms of chronic fatigue?
+Let The Word Do The Work!+

KarenB42

Post by KarenB42 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:03 am

Originally posted by BookOfPsalms:
hi there-
what are symptoms of chronic fatigue?
Nice to meet a fellow believer. I get very tired and it lasts for days.

KarenB42

Post by KarenB42 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:05 am

Oh, I do have many blood tests that show many medical reasons for my CFS. which was a relief to know there is a reason. But, it is also hard because there is so much to deal with.

luvpiggy

Post by luvpiggy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:36 am

Hi,

I have chronic fatigue too, and I'm having a little flare up right now. I think mine comes from adrenal fatigue from a lot of trauma that I've endured throughout my life. My son is now eleven and has severe autism. His sleep problems have been a major strain on both me and my husband, but since I already was susceptible to chronic fatigue, it's harder on me.

So, I would say my main factor in having flare ups is STRESS. Also, in the fall, I felt better than I had in years with chronic fatigue. I think I tried to make up for it by doing too much from about October until the beginning of January. One of my son's babysitters came to help me with him after the Christmas break, and she looked at all of the redecorating I had done, etc. She said that she didn't know how I did it because she just gets sore from one day of cleaning her apartment. I was a little manic trying to get it all done, and I think I hurt myself:(. We then had some new stresses with my son, his sleep getting out of wack again, etc., and it was like I crashed.

I'm trying not to be too hard on myself. We've been going through things where I haven't been able to get a mental break because of certain concerns about my son, and so my chronic fatigue is back:(.

You are not alone, and I know how hard it is. I don't have a sympathetic doctor and just gave up on trying to find one in the town I live in. I was invalidated for far too long about it. I am always questioning if it is the chronic fatigue or if I am "lazy". My husband says that I am not lazy, and he just can tell that I have chronic fatigue. When I have energy, I definitely use it. I do have a sympathetic therapist now too so that helps. However, I do tend to beat myself up which only makes things worse.

The truth of the matter is that sometimes you do just get to a point where you just need to rest. Your body just lets you know that it has had it, and you have to take care of it.

Just letting you know you aren't alone.

Take care,
luvpiggy

Naustin

Post by Naustin » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:21 am

KarenB42
What did your blood test show? I have the same thing and am wondering what it could be from. Last time my gyno tested my blood my progestrone level was 0.6 The range he said is supposed to start at 14. I dont want to go on hormone therapy because I am only 24. This has been going on a year though. I think I am going to start trying a good multi vitamin
The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything." Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God

KarenB42

Post by KarenB42 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:54 am

Naustin, My blood tests have not shown low hormones. But, one of my sister's friends went on the progesterone cream. She is amazed at how much energy she has and how much better she feels. As for me: Chlymidia Pneuminia, a respiratory bacteria, Epstein Bar Visrus is elevated at times, I had elevated blooc calcium once, and then I had all my vitamins and minerals checked and was low in the ones that provide energy (the B vitamins). I understand not wanting to be on some hormone therapies, so maybe check in to the cream. She jsut applies it to her wrists.

Celyon

Post by Celyon » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:21 am

Hi KarenB42,

I suffer with chronic fatigue also; unfortunately I have not found what triggers it. Since I suffer from other illnesses, I seem to have days or weeks when I am flying and then I crash.

When I have chronic fatigue I am literally dragging my body, from one step to the next. During those times if I can work, I come home from work and go straight to bed. I have been know to sleep 16 hours a day when I feel like that.

So for me, my trigger is probably that I overdo it when I feel good. Do you find yourself trying to do everything you can when you are not fatigued, just because you know you won't be able to later?
fortyplus02

Celyon

Post by Celyon » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:27 am

To: luvpiggy,

Your experience is touching for me. I am so happy you have the support of your husband. I have been married twice and neither understood my illness. I guess it's because we were so young at the time they just couldn't handle the ups and downs.

Give your husband many thanks for being there for you and your son. I know too many women with no support at home.

My grown chidren are just now paying attention to me after many years of my illness, and they still get upset sometimes when I can't participate in some activity or social event they want me to attend.

Keep your head up and I look forward to hearing about your progress.
fortyplus02

luvpiggy

Post by luvpiggy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:13 am

Thank you so much Ceylon:). I was afraid of a new flare up, but it quickly passed so I am so grateful. I will be thinking of everyone on here who suffers from this misunderstood disorder, and thank you so much for your words of encouragement:).

Take care,
luvpiggy

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”