Does anyone have dry eyes and mouth Is it anxiety or medications?

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
jillE

Post by jillE » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:05 pm

For the past few weeks I have had dry mouth to the point of where I feel like I can drink a gallon of water in one sitting. My eyes feel dry and strained and I get a nasty headache on the right side of my head.I feel the tension in my jaw and my tongue feels like it is not moving right with how I am speaking. Anyone else have that? I take Ativan and the dr says it might be that or just really high anxiety. I am also on Zoloft and I feel like maybe this is just side effects and I will get through this. If anyone else has this please let me know,I hope I am not making this up in my head.
Jille
je

cayenne

Post by cayenne » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:42 pm

sounds like the meds..i went off meds 10 months ago and I'll do anything to stay off, thus I'm doing the program [on lesson 6], praying, doing a 12 step program etc. I'm 58 and making myself go back to school. I'm scared to death about everything an dnothing. I read on the forum of scared of dying, driving, flying etc. i can't even say what I'm afraid of. Well, just life. We'll make it. God bless.

Don57

Post by Don57 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:01 pm

Meds can do this. I would read the side effects of the meds to see if dry mouth or eyes is a side effect. They are with the anti-depressant I take, but I am used to it since I have taken the med for so long. I wear contacs and at times I need to use an eye moistener to help me see better. Some of this is probably age as well for me since I am 55.

Drinking water during the day with this condition also helps keep your teeth in good shape. Lack of moisture in the mouth can lead to tooth problems.
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger, the smarter, the faster hand; But sooner or later the person who wins is the one who thinks "I can." Author Unknown

http://dp19032k9.webs.com

Ariyon

Post by Ariyon » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:53 am

If it keeps up after readjusting your medications you might want to see your Doctor again. Auto-immune conditions are very common (and sometimes VERY easy to deal with) and they can produce symptoms like this. A simple blood test will answer this question for you.

brakecheck

Post by brakecheck » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:22 pm

Dry eyes and dry mouth can be related to an autoimmune disorder. When I was tested for symptoms of dry eyes, blurry vision, and dry mouth, I was diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome, which is an autoimmune disease. It is critical that I am followed closely. Dental decay can happen with dry mouth and should be monitored. With no saliva, it makes it difficult to swallow certain foods, so I always keep a bottle of water nearby. I would definitely get a second opinion. Good luck.<A HREF="mailto:brakecheck@centurytel.net">brakecheck@centurytel.net</A>

james blair

Post by james blair » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:39 pm

yes, very much so, just found out from dentist this is causing tooth problems for me that supposedly starts with roots of teeth, although compared to heart surgeries 6, and continual pain problems seems not a lot to bear

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:10 pm

Dear brakecheck:

Good advice.

My sister was diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome.

A lot of people don't know what it is and what is causing their dry mouths and dry eyes.

Lynda Lu

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”