Is anyone else trying to deal with losing weight while doing the program?

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
groomrose

Post by groomrose » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:01 am

I have just started week 2 of the program.
I weight 385 lbs, 35 of it gained just over the last 2 months.
Anytime I get anxious or depressed, i eat junk foood and never want to exercise.
Any ideas on how to motivate myself

thanks

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:23 am

Hi, I'm new to this group. I had a physical at different times. First found was hypothyroid, later, sleep apnea. Now that I can sleep more deeper w/ CPAC machine, I have over 4 yrs, lost 20 pounds. Still fighting sleep issues, and menopause stuff, I do not get good hrs of sleep, but overall have more energy. Even able to wash my car, for example. Why not try a physical, ask for sleep study esp. if you snore, that is a dead(pardonthepun) giveaway. L

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:34 am

Hi, I'm also new to this group, although I've had the program for over a week. I still haven't figured out how to post a comment of my own (I'm a little confused with navigating this site). But I've been trying to lose weight for a couple of years. My eating habits are so erratic (not eating breakfast, skipping lunch, eating dinner too late at night, eating food I buy. and feeling too "beat" to cook healthy stuff, etc.), but I'm going to give a couple of my exercise tapes and CDs a try, and for me it's a matter of making the decision to "just do it". I exercise with my class in school 5 days a week when school is in session, and lost a little weight that way, but I had a whole month off this summer, and did I exercise AT ALL? I just went and selected 3 tapes that I plan to rotate.-Donna L.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:03 am

Hello,

I started the program last February and at the same time I joined weight watchers. I lost the 20 lbs I wanted to lose. Now I think I'm ready to start losing a little more again! Weight Watchers was really great, and it wasn't very hard. If you go to meeting each week it will motivate you to be good all week. I used to eat bad stuff when I was anxious too, and I still sometimes do, just not as much. Instead of eating when I was anxious I distracted myself...I would do something I really enjoyed..like taking reading, or doing the relaxation tape. I took up walking too. I didn't go far at first, I went to a local park and walked slow and took in the air and the trees and stuff, it was relaxing. I hope maybe this helps.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:39 pm

I lost 40 pounds in four months,just from cutting out starch and sugar. there is also a supplement called carb intercept, by NATROL that helps also. It is white kidney bean extract. My wife also lost 30 pounds using the carb intercept, although it took her a little longer. Most drug stores and health food stores carry it, inthe diet section.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:59 pm

You might also try the South Beach Diet (their website is neat). I've had some success with them, and their diet is easy to adapt to your own needs/tastes. Lots of good recipes too.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:24 pm

Yes I am trying to lose lbs while doing this program.

I know I could do better if I could exercise more.

ShineChrist

Re: Is anyone else trying to deal with losing weight while d

Post by ShineChrist » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:04 am

Hi there,

I am in the same boat and am trying to lose some weight as well; you are not alone. :) Someone already commented about Weight Watchers. I am actually joining Weight Watchers again in the last week in March. I have tried it before and have failed each time. I think a lot of that was due to my mental state - that I have now corrected with good medication and doctors. I am hoping that this program will also help me overcome my anxiety with giving up food as well.

I don't know if you feel the same, but food is such a comfort for me. It is always there for me when I am feeling sad, overwhelmed, stressed and lonely. I also use it when I want to celebrate and enjoy myself. It's what I run to when I experience any of those negative emotions. It calms me down, and makes me feel not only comforted but secure. Maybe you feel the same way too.

Losing weight is so important (I need to lose about 100 pounds) for your health and overall well-being. When your body is healthy I would assume it would make you feel more in-control and self-confident. It is really tough being overweight and struggling with weight-loss. It feels like such a battle. I just want to encourage you that losing weight can be reality. I don't know if you ever feel this way, but many times I have felt defeated and worn down. But I have to remind myself that it is possible and I will keep trying until I get it right. Practice makes progress. You CAN do this!

My advice is trying Weight Watchers, even though I haven't had luck in the past I chalk it up to me failing to follow the program, not the program failing me. It is a great way to start eating better but not so overwhelming and hard to manage, so that it would make you want to give up. I had a rough time due to my mental disorders (which are much better, I am very happy to report.) I would also encourage you to go to the meetings. The meetings make you feel encouraged and uplifted when you leave. You feel praised and good when you leave. Plus you always get great advice from your leader and fellow Weight Watcher friends. I really believe you need the support of others to succeed.

Also, if you have a hard time with exercise try taking a short 5 minute walk and enjoy the fresh air. When I started walking I could barely make it around my neighborhood (I hate to admit) but now I walk 2 to 4 miles each day. I gradually built up to it and now really enjoy that part of my day. The thing about walking is that it isn't confusing to do, it doesn't take great skill or strength to accomplish. It is simple and easy. Just the thing if you are trying to start adding exercise into your day.

Just remember to practice and not expect perfection from yourself. That is something I am trying to teach myself. :) The more you try the better you will get at eating better and exercising over time. Routines and habits take TIME to work into your life, so be patient with yourself.

I hope this helps you and most of all I hope you feel encouraged to try something new that will improve your quality of life and happiness. :) Like you, I will continue to practice eating right and exercising to get my body in shape and my weight under control. I am looking forward to trying again and know that when I give it another go I will succeed when I am patient with myself and enjoy the support of others. Have a great day!

Blessings,
Courtney

Annagyijjk

Re: Is anyone else trying to deal with losing weight while d

Post by Annagyijjk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:33 am

You can also try the South Beach Diet (their website is pure). I had some success with them, and their diet is easy to adapt to their own needs / tastes. Many good recipes too. Cannot Ignore The Tory Burch Shoes History of Tory Burch Shoes

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”