ALWAYS THINKING THE WORST

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
CAROYN

Post by CAROYN » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:25 am

HI MY NAME IS CAROLYN IM 37 AND I SUFFER FROM ANXIETY/PANNIC ATTACKS MY MAIN PROBLEM IS AND I MEAN THE MAIN PROBLEM IS HEALTH IM SO STUCK ON WORRYING ABOUT MY HEATLH IT'S CRAZY.. I OBSESS OVER MY HEALTH.. THIS PAST YEAR I MADE A DR APT FOR ME I WASNT FEELING GOOD AND I HAVE BEEN SEEING THE SAME DR FOR 2 YEARS OR SO, WELL THE DR'S OFFICE TELLS ME MY DR IS NO LONGER WITH THEM AND I REALLY LOVED THIS DR.... THIS WAS IN LIKE FEBUARY 09 WELL SINCE I DIDNT KNOW WHAT HAPPEDED TO MY DR I AGREEDED TO SEE THERE NEW NURSE PRACTICENOR WELL THIS WAS VERY STRANGE FOR ME I WAS NOT FEELING GOOD AND AT THAT SAME TIME I FOUND OUT MY MOTHER WAS HAVEING TROUBLE WITH HER HEART RATE STAYING HIGH AND HER BLOOD PRESSURE TO. AND JUST PRIOR IN OCTOBER WHEN MY DR WAS STILL AT THE DR'S OFFICE I HAD A FULL PHYSICAL AND I WAS FINE WELL WHAT IM LEADING UP TO IS SINCE I HAD TO GO SEE THAT NEW NURSE P.. MY HEART RATE AND BLOOD PRESSURE HAVE BEEN HIGH... EVEN SINCE MY MOM AND THE NEW NURSE PRAC. WHEN IM AT THE DR'S OFFICE I CAN FEEL MY HART RACEING AND POUNDING SOOOOO FAST IT'S CRAZY SO THE DR WOULD WAIT A BIT UNTIL I WAS THERE AND CALMER AND SHE'D TAKE MY BLOOD PRESURE AGAIN AND IT WOULD GO DOWN WELL SINCE THEN ABOUT TWO MONTHS LATER I FOUND OUT WHERE MY DR I LOVE MOVED TO SO I ENDED UP HAVEING TO GO SEE HER CAUSE I GOT SICK AGAIN WITH THE SAME THING I HAD WHEN I WENT IN FEB.. I WAS SO HAPPY THAT I WAS GOING TO SEE MY REGULAR DR AGAIN BUT THIS TIME EVEN WITH HER MY BLOOD PRESSURE WENT UP HIGH AND MY HEART RATE THEY DIDNT EVEN TELL ME WHAT IT WAS BUT THEN AFTER I SAW MY DR AND SHE TALKED WITH ME AND I WAS CALMER SHE TOOK MY PRESSURE AGAIN IT WAS SO NORMAL AND THEN I HAD TO GO AGAIN AND IT WAS A BIT HIGH SO SHE CHECKED IT AGAIN BEFOR I LEFT HER AND SHE'S LIKE YEAH YOU DONT HAVE ANY BLOOD PRESSURE PROBLEMS BUT IM NOW SCARED TO GO TO THE DR'S AND FIND OUT SOMETHING IS REALLY WRONG WITH ME LIKE MY HEART CAUSE MY DAD DID DIE AT AGE 42 OF A HEART ATTACK SO I OBSESS OVER THAT AND I QUIT SMOKEING A YEAR AGO AND HAVENT HAD ANY CAFFINE SINCE THAT DR'S VISIT WITH THAT NEW DR BUT I WORRY ALL THE TIME AND EVEN IF SOMEONE TALKS ABOUT HEALTH STUFF I START THINKING EITHER I GOT IT OR IT CAN HAPPEN TO ME I HATE IT I WISH IT WOULD ALL GO AWAY I USED TO LOVE GOING TO MY DR NOW I STILL LIKE HER I JUST DONT LIKE THE FEELING I GET NOW WHEN I GO... IM SURE THERE ARE OTHERS OUT THERE WHO FEEL THIS WAY TO RIGHT?

Susan Gilbert

Post by Susan Gilbert » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:03 am

Caroyn,

Are you going through Lucinda's Prog.? Her obsessive chapter will be helpful to you. Also, one of the chapters suggests reading the book, What to Say When You Talk To Your Self by Dr. Shad Helmstetter. It is a great book to help you change your thinking and understand why you have those thoughts. He gives great strategies. It is an easy read. Another idea is to set goals for yourself. Write down 3 things you want to achieve. Focus on what you want to do and how you will do it. Little steps lead to big steps.
Susan

Shifrah

Post by Shifrah » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:38 am

Carolyn

Welcome to the board! :)

Just a quick note here - use your return key for spacing! Between the no spacing and the caps it's a little hard on the eyes, especially for us "kids" here - you know, those of us over 40, he he. :o :p

I just happened to listen to CD #10 this morning. I'm going over all the CD's again as a refresher. This is all about obsessive thinking.

Do you have the program? If not, I suggest purchasing and listening to this CD first off.

Just know that you are not alone...there are lots of people obsessing over their health, their symptoms, etc.

Also know that if something bad was going to happen, it surely would have happened already! Right?

So worrying and obsessing about an impending doom is just counter-productive and is exhausting you and taking up precious time and energy!

Instead, why not find a health regime that will improve the way you feel.

Are you taking stimulating drinks and/or food? Caffeine, salt, spices, refined sugars and fats?

Okay, I see you aren't taking caffeine, that's good.

These foods could really set off a lot of emotional issues for anybody.

Look into your diet, clean it up, get on a good exercise routine, take control of your health.

I have made huge lifestyle changes, because my father died of a heart attack at 39. His mother also at 39, so I was death waiting! I'm now 42 years old.

A little over 8 years ago I became a vegetarian, because my genetically high cholesterol just wasn't going down with the "suggested" diet by the AHA or the meds I was taking.

I started eating fresh, raw foods, lots of fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds. My cholesterol dropped over 100 points!

I also work out - almost every day I do something - walk, workout to a barre video, etc. I feel so much better for it. When I don't work out, I feel bad - and anxious because I'm not working off my energy, so my energy is coming out in emotional ways.

I did used to worry and fret that I'd have a heart attack, I even freaked out when I had pains in my chest and up to my ear. I was more afraid to see doctors and go to hospitals.

Taking control of my health was probably the best thing I've done for myself! I really don't trust most doctors when it comes to preventative care. They push pills and procedures, that never cured anyone, it just bought them time. What really is healing is lifestyle changes, our bodies WILL heal themselves when given the proper conditions to do so. If you can be healed of a cut on the outside, you can be healed of many problems on the inside.
Shif.

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.

Shifrah

Post by Shifrah » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:44 am

Also wanted to add my blood pressure is on the low side because I'm a vegetarian. Meat eaters generally have higher blood pressure.

I know this to be true because my mother has high blood pressure, she eats a lot of fish and some chicken but also she eats cooked food, and a lot of starches which is harder on the digestion, which I believe can cause a higher reading.

I last got mine checked at the dentist since I don't have a doctor but of course it was high because I had a little anxiety going on... ha ha.
Shif.

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:17 pm

Caroyn:

Shifra gives some great advice !

I would like you to know that you are not alone. There are so many of us suffering out there. Please try Lucinda's program, get a good doctor, and sign on to the Peer Support Group on the website. We are here for you.

I am new to the program and new to the website and I am finding a lot of support and a whole lot of information and insight from others with the same challenges in life.

" Be yourself. Everybody else is taken."
Oscar Wilde

Lynda

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”