Just curious... Back Pain, anyone?

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
WayStone

Post by WayStone » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:27 am

Hey all.

Just curious as to how many folks here have some form of chronic back pain or back condition... I've had some chronic back problems myself over the last year, and just happened across some very, very interesting and useful information regarding anxiety/back pain combinations.

It set me wondering how pervasive the combo is.

Wade in with your vote! Soon as I get some time, and if there's interest, I'll post a little more 'bout the subject. :D

-Waystone

margo

Post by margo » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:52 am

Let me tell you, my friend. You are not alone. I have had 3 back surgeries in the past (all within 5 years), and definitely, depression goes along with chronic back pain, any chronic pain for that matter. I was recently going to go through the 4th, this time with parts put in, and the whole surgical plan was radical, until a disc-a-gram revealed that I now have 3 herniated disc and the surgeons said the percentage was too great of me coming out of it in worse condition. I've talked to many doctors and they ALL have said that it's a proven fact connecting depression and chronic pain. Just wanted you to know that I know exactly how you feel. Hope you feel better soon!

klrskyz

Post by klrskyz » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:52 pm

I used to have a lot of back pain and general stiffness. Using orthotics helped a great deal, and so did a hot tub in the morning before getting ready for work.

I learned that a lot of tendons had shortened on me from non-use.

I would recommend a physical therapist (or a swiss massage which is a deep massage), rather than a chiropractor any time. I've ended up with more problems whenever I tried a chiropractor.

If you would like to add the information regarding anxiety/back pain, I'd be interested in it!

"Knowledge is Power"

Bill Hebert

Post by Bill Hebert » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:06 am

Hi all,
I had back pain since 2000 off and on. It seems every time I get it I get panic and anxiety attackes. I become afraid drive to far and stand to long on cement floors. I know that anxiety makes it worse some times than it really is. So get better soon.

mopar

Post by mopar » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:33 am

Hi,

I thought I was the only one with back pain! I get terrible left side lower pain. When I was in high school it got so bad I was vomitting and admitted to the hospital. They found nothing. I think as my anxiety gets worse, the pain is greater. Love to hear more on this relationship between the two.

Jodi- 5 mopars

Jer

Post by Jer » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:53 pm

I've also been reading about the link between back problems and anxiety/depression. I just herniated my first disc after a few anxious days and tension. I've been doing yoga and taking it easy. Don't have much more to offer.

apvsr

Post by apvsr » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:53 am

I have back pain also. Chiropractor helped me but now I have moved and cant find one who can "crack" me. I believe me is from constant stress that I hold in my back by way of tightning the muscles which in turn pulls your spine out of alignment and can cause many symtoms through your nerves being pinched etc. I also have bad posture prob from balling my body up in fear when I am anxious. If I could afford weekly massages I'd get them they really help!
Dina

smokikm

Post by smokikm » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:04 pm

I also have back pain from a car accident 11 years ago. I'm on disability, lost everything in a nasty divorce and my living conditions aren't the best. I'm having a really hard time living with the pain and feeling like I have no options in my life. I feel worthless and unable to help myself. Any suggestions?

white orchid

Post by white orchid » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:51 pm

I am now 5 weeks out from having surgery on my spine. They had to fuse to vertabrae because there was no disc left. It has helped. I have the same problem in my lower back beginning. I have been in a bad car accident which did not help matters. I do believe I hold alot of emotions in my back. If I am having a tough time with stress or anxious I hurt and am in bed. I need to break this cycle but it is hard to excercise when in pain. I also have narcolepsy so my brain just wants to sleep expecially if my neck hurts. FRUSTRATING

heidela

Post by heidela » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:55 am

yes, i would be interested in the info. my injury resurfaced and i am pregnant causing panic attacks, scarey negative thoughts.
emmerheidi@yahoo.com

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”