Thyroid cancer-panic attacks for years

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
eckercr

Post by eckercr » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:48 am

I have done this program off and on about 4 different times over the past ten years. Ive had panic attacks since high school -about 15 years. I was put on zoloft when my husband deployed to Iraq in 2004-4 weeks after the birth of our second son when I was diagnosed with post partum depression. I realized that the zoloft really helped with my panic attacks.
Well, in feb 2008 I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. I then needed to change my meds b.c I was in what I felt like was a constant panic attack. Effexor XR was the med that I was put on and that is when I decided to try the program again. I was good for awhile but I feel like I lose my way if I dont restart the program and remember everything I was taught. I am due for my second yearly scan and am having alot of stressful things happening in my life right now...I am restarting the program again. I know it works I just seem to need a "refresher course" every now and then. I am now feeling depressed and moody and really anxious with major panic attacks. I dont know if I need an adjustment in my meds or if Im just crazy ..I just sometimes feel like I will never get better when the panic comes back. So now I am on my 1st week again. Anyone out that can relate????

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:29 am

First of all, you're not crazt! You've been through a lot and you're going through a lot. It's normal to have anxiety. Do your relaxation Cd A LOT! Take warm baths if maybe that could calm you, read a good book, watch a funny movie. Try everything you can to keep your spirits up. I think you're on the right track of going through the program again. And maybe you should see your doctor and talk about changing medicines. I wish you luck with your second year scan!

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”