Chronic Kidney Disease- I need support

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
Lence

Post by Lence » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:02 pm

I am scared my kidneys are slowly shutting down due to high blood pressure. I really don't have anyone to talk to. When I talk about it, my family gets quiet or shys away from the subject.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:17 pm

Lence,

Has your doctor actually told you this or are you just speculating about it? My brother-in-law has polycystic kidney disease and I have had three cats with chronic renal failure, so I know a little about this. If your kidneys are bad, it can cause high blood pressure. The doctors have to monitor my brother-in-law's BP and I have to give my cat amlodopine for her high blood pressure. It has definitely helped her kidney function.

The vet runs BUN and creatinine tests on my cat every three months, so there are definitely tests that can be run to monitor your kidneys.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:42 am

Hey, Don't get depress. You have to take proper medications for your problem.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:00 pm

Hi my husband has polycystic kidneys and the bp causes cystic to grow on his kidneys his kidney function is 19%. Definately take your bp meds but talk to your doctors about your concerns. My husband an BMP blood test every two months that is going to show your creatin level which tells you how much your kidneys are filtering out. Don't forgot you have all of us here and I don't know if you are on facebook but there are support groups that you can join. Grizz Chapman from the tv show 30 rock was on the Dr. Oz show a few months ago talking about the same issues. Let me know if you need someone to listen.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:23 pm

I am currently being evaluated for a kidney transplant at UCLA. During my evaluation it was discovered that I needed to have my aortic valve replaced which was done on March 24, 2010. Currently my kidney function is 21%.
My kidney failure was caused by my Type1 Diabetes and high blood presssure. My advice, follow your doctors advice and listen to your body. Currently I am not on dialysis but I am having a fistula inserted at the end of this month in the event a donor isn't found. Have Faith! Do not be afraid!

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”