Colitis

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
mosaic1989

Post by mosaic1989 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:38 am

Well I have been sick for about a month because of a virus which in turn inflamed my colitis. Have lost some weight because I haven't been able to eat very well, and very fatigued. I'm going to a new doctor on Monday, to she if she can help me get this back under control. In the meantime I sort of totally stopped the program was in 9 but I have deciced to start over. Colitis is inflammation of the colon and similar symtoms to IBS but a little more intense and lasts longer. Also was worried about swine flu a few weeks ago when my kids got the flu, I guess that didn't help. Anybody else have Colitis?

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:03 pm

Hi Mosiac1989

Check out this web site.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1520590/

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:35 am

Thanks.

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:32 pm

Do you mean ulcerative colitis? UC is different from IBS (spastic colon). One has actual inflamation. The other is diagnosed by symptoms.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:53 am

Well my diagnosis is just general colitis not ulceritive. Went to the doctor and got some medicine prednisone along with the pentassa I'm taking and it is helping, kind of have to eat small bland portions. The medicine is helping but still tired. I know there will be an end to this and I will feel better soon. Just had to find a doctor I could get into that could help me. Whenever I search for just plain colitis on the internet I can never find anything but ulcerative or crones. It has the inflammation and redness and irritation but not the ulcers and bleeding so I'm lucky it is not worse. Thanks all.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:25 pm

From what you told me, it sounds like IBS rather than IBD (Crohn's & UC). IBS can often be treated by anti-anxiety or anti-depressant medications. Also, a low residue diet can help if the IBS creates diarrhea. Best of luck.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:16 pm

Thanks--

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”