Fluttering/palpatations

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
BMorris

Post by BMorris » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:36 pm

Hi, I dont know if I'm in the right area of discussion but I was wondering about the fluttering/palpatations. I have the fluttering quite often & usually it doesnt bother me but occasionally I will have it bad & I feel like I want to get up & run & my anxiety sky rockets. I have to tell myself (to calm myself down) that the sensations I'm feeling is in the middle of my chest and not the heart area itself & that helps but it is still very scary at times & it takes me awhile to get thru the anxiety episode. I think I get the fluttering more than the palpitations (so I guess that's good). What I was wondering is what exactly is going on (if anyone knows) & is there any way to stop this from happening? Thank you very much. Sincerely, Barbara

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:17 am

yes i have them too,plus fast heart rate all the time..i wish i could help u but they scare me also..but u are not alone!!!

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:56 pm

Hey Barbara !

I get the flutters too. It happens either just before or during an attack. If I stay calm and concentrate on my breathing, I don't get the flutters. It happens in the center of my chest too, not near the heart. It almost feels like a muscle contracting and constricting real fast. I don't believe it has to do with the heart at all. When I get them, it reminds me to relax.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:49 am

Thanks Jamie & Mano!!! I agree Mano, it does feel like a muscle constricting. It just can be so annoying at times!!! But that's a good way to think..when it happens, just relax!!! I like that & I'll have to try it. Well, I wish both of you lots of luck with the program & thanks so much!!! :)

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”