possible cause of anxiety

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
purpmartin

Post by purpmartin » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:15 am

Hey, everybody,

I found this in a web site (www dot healthboards dot com) a few days ago: "If you have severe anxiety, you may be pyroluric." "Pyro", as I call it, is genetic. It makes your body produce excess kryptopyroles, which bind to certain nutrients (primarily vitamin B6 and zinc; it can also affect B12 and magnesium levels), causing them to be excreted in the urine.

People who have pyro likely don't have enought serotonin, because B6 is needed to make it. They can develop increased levels of copper in the body, because they lack the zinc to keep it in balance, leading to possible thyroid and adrenal problems. And so on.

I don't know yet whether I actually have pyro, but I have enough of the symptoms that I think it makes sense to ask my doctor to test me for it: poor morning appetite, easily tired, sensitive to light, hypersensitive to loud noise. Less than a year ago, I tested very low in magnesium. My serotonin was low, too.

I might never have heard of it if not for the Diagnose Me dot com web site. Yeah, I know--at Stress the rule of thumb seems to be, don't self-diagnose. But I went for it because I'm SO fed up with the dizziness-with-exertion thing that no doctor can figure out. Pyroluria came up on the list of possibilities I got from a computer-generated analysis. I didn't know what it meant, so I began to read about it. I just hope I'm on to something. If I am, it might help somebody else, too.

purpmartin

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:19 am

Oops! That was "manganese", not magnesium. Sorry.
purpmartin

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:31 am

Wow, those of us with anxiety are so quick to look for something else to blame our feelings or anxiety on. Blaming your anxiety on something else won't cure you. You have to take responsibility for it and accept that you are doing this to yourself. There's no disease or outside force doing this to you.

I'm sure you can go to webMD, enter a million different anxiety symptoms, and diagnose yourself with something new everyday. Until you accept the fact that these symptoms are in fact, your sensitization, your progress toward recovery will remain as unsatisfactory as it is now.

Sensitization is a state in which nerves react in an exaggerated to stress. These symptoms form a set pattern, most of the symptoms you have described, easily tired, sensitivity to light, loss of appetite, nausea. Anyone can become sensitized at any time. This is a cycle you must break with facing and acceptance.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:32 am

Hey, DGriffith,

I'm only trying to help those who have done absolutely everything they can for themselves, and are still having problems :(. CBT takes a person only so far if there's an underlying physical problem, and pyroluria is GENETIC. It can't be willed away any more than Neurofibromatosis, or eye color.

The list I got from Diagnose-Me did say that I probably have mild anxiety, but that's PROBABLY (not "certainly"), and MILD anxiety. As I read posts from people who are terrified of going outside of their own homes, I find myself thinking, "do I REALLY have anxiety problems :roll:?" I go places by myself all the time: to work, to buy food, etc. :) And I think nothing of it ;).

And I want to know is why PHYSICAL EXERTION makes me PHYSICALLY DIZZY :roll::?. I've been told some possibilities by various doctors (e.g. it could very well have something to do with the NF-1 -- which can cause neurological problems)and I wish somebody could tell me for sure. I figured I might as well let the computer take a crack at it. :D

purpmartin

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”