Phentermine

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
tiffanytee

Post by tiffanytee » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:20 am

I am starting a medical weight loss program. My doctor has prescribe me Phentermine to help control my appetite. One of the side effects is nervousness. I was wondering has anyone else tried this. She said it would not affect my anxiety, but I am not sure.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:11 am

I used it years ago after my second child. That stuff had me going crazy with anxiety and nervousness. I couldnt take it long enough to lose any weight on it. It was way too much for me.

I just exercised and baked all of my meats, poultry, and fish. I lost 40 pounds in a couple of months doing that. Weightloss is different for everyone though.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:30 pm

I took it for 3 months and it worked....but I was feeling pretty crazy at the end of the three months and decided to stop taking it. I never slept, forgot to eat, had so much energy that I would clean the house until my body hurt. Once I got off of it, I went thru a major withdrawl and felt like I needed sleep or caffeine all the time. I ended up gaining all the weight back and then some. My cousin who doesn't have any anxiety problems couldn't handle it for two weeks because of the nervousness she experienced with it. I struggle with weight too but I wouldn't use that pill again for anything. There are better ways to lose weight that can actually make your anxiety/depression better in the process....not aggravate it, and it's as simple as eating right and exercising.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:33 am

Thanks for the input you guys. I now see that my concerns were valid.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:04 am

My husband is diabetic, type2. And he has had a weight problem a long time. He went with nutrisystem,not only to lose weight,but because they have diabetic meal plan.
They actually have several different meal plans for men and women.
And the best fact is it works! He has been on the plan nearly two years now and has lost 60 pds. The food is good and you can add fresh veggies and fruit.
Once a week we go out and he eats whatever he wants. He has gone from 3 diabetic meds, 3 times a day, to ONE diabetic med, 3 times a day.
His blood sugar is under control. So, before you take a pill, try something else... Nelly:)

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”