Heavy period w/cyst. HELP!!

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
Anxious Jenny

Post by Anxious Jenny » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:18 am

Hello. I hope you are all doing well. This is a question for the ladies out there mostly. I've had really heavy periods or what I think are really heavy periods. Lots of blood clots for the first 2-3 days of my period and 6 day periods. I also have a cyst on my left ovary. My OBGYN says that a lot of women my age (29) have them (cysts) and she doesn't want to play with it, so she's just leaving it alone. Could this be causing my heavy periods? Has anyone else experienced this before. I'm also anemic and have Hashimotos Thyroiditis (But I'm neither Hypo or Hyper yet). I want children so bad and I'm just so scared that all these things will cause a problem with getting pregnant, and if I get pregnant - maintaining the babies health and my health during pregnancy and labor. Please! I can't stop thinking these bad thoughts! Has anyone else had experience with this?

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:22 am

The main thing I can think of that will definitely help without a doubt is getting off ALL animal products, including meat, poultry, all seafood and all dairy.

That has helped me tremendously, and I'm not "perfect" by any means, but it's like night and day with me. If I ate like my mother did at my age, I know I would experience the type of miserable and heavy clotty periods she did. Every woman I know on a healthy plant-based diet has experienced much lighter periods with less side-effects and PMS, than on their previous, animal-based diet. The cleaner the diet (lower fat, more whole foods) the better the monthlies get.

Oh and working out daily really has had an impact on it as well.

Oh, and with Hashimotos you really should avoid all soy products (unless fermented) as they are estrogen dominant and will aggravate your symptoms.

I hope this helped.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:41 am

Thank you so much for replying Shifrah. Although I think that's excellent advise, cutting all animal products out of my diet may be hard for me. Even though I'm not a huge fan of meat anyway. My husband loves meat and he's the one that usually cooks. (lucky me, I know). I may try that some day but right now I feel like I'm tackling so much! Between trying to get rid of my anxiety, quitting smoking, trying to get into an exercise program and weaning off xanax, I have my hands full and I'm so overwhelmed! I wish this would all just go away! I'm so tired and frustrated.

I will definitely continue with my exercise routine and stay away from soy products. Thank you! And I do try to get as many raw vegetables and fruits into my diet as I can.

I want kids so bad and my main concern is not being able to have them or something bad happening to the child or me. :( I need to practice my positive self talk. LOL! :)

Thank you again!
Jen

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:34 am

For some reason I had really heavy periods with alot of clots during my early 30's. I even had some breakthrough bleeding sometimes. I went on the pill for awhile and it cleared it up. I had my first child at 30 and my second at 36, so the bleeding, clotting, and the pill didn't affect that.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:21 pm

Oh that's so reassuring tweaky1h. Thank you! I thought maybe I was the only one. I'm so happy to hear that you had healthy children and everything went fine. :)

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”