Am I the only one that fears throw up?

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
jmis1120

Am I the only one that fears throw up?

Post by jmis1120 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:42 pm

Hi ya'll,

I dont want to make this supper long so i will get to the point. When i was 10yrs old I suffered chronic stomach pain and it resulted I had amibas which resulted to gastritis. During that time i'd get sick alot. I'd throw up due to the pain and the worst part was that is was in public places. I got treated for my stomach and since then i have not thrown up again. I couldnt figure it out till recently. I avoid everything i can because i'm afraid to throw up. When i start getting stomach pain, my anxiety hits me in the face. i then start thinking about the past and how i suffered. The fact of thinking i might go through that again causes me to have panic attacts, which makes my stomach hurt more, but i never throw up because i hold my self. It's been 10 years that i dont throw up. I learned that you can't have a phobia and not have anxiety. So if i can help myself with my anxiety, ill help myself with my phobia. (Im just scared of me throwing up. Not others, or seeing it) But if there is anybody with this problem, please let me know. I feel alone in this situation :cry:

coachchris

Re: Am I the only one that fears throw up?

Post by coachchris » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi Jmis,

Thank you for your honest post. This is a common fear. You are not alone. It is important to remember that you cannot go back to where you were and repeat that exact same experience. Focus on the present moment and the fact that you are in 'control' now and you understand your past experiences. Choose today. You are courageous and you are healthy.

Here to help.
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”