Fibromyalgia

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
*D*

Post by *D* » Tue May 12, 2009 10:38 am

hi all,
my wife has fibro and she used to have it so bad that she could not get up or down and had to be helped out of the bath tub.I remember one time she had to have a pain blocker in her shoulder and as they were doing it.I was there to hold her hand..family did not understand.I remember her sisters sons wife told me that she was just playing and was not sick at all. all the time I know that when she went to her doctor I was right there with her.
in 2003 she got her disability.we moved from virginia to north carolina. she still has her bad days.the pain never really goes away.weh we met I know what was wrong with her and still loved her. see we met again after over 40 years. were childhood sweet hearts in the 7th and 8th grade.
so for those that have fibro. I admire you if you can work. for those that can't and can go wal,king or like we will do shortly after her bladder surgery gets better. go to the ymca and get in the pool. she used to go and it helped the water therapy.take care all and hang in there.you might not be healed in this life. but in Heaven you will have a new body.those of you that will get healed the Praise God for it.God Bless.
don
don't put off today what you may not be able to do tommorrow.

Celyon

Post by Celyon » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:52 am

Hello,

I was diagnosed with fibro in 1997. My mother and my younger sister also have it. They both are on disability, but so far I am still working full time. I am afraid if I stop I won't get up again.
It is interesting that different meds work for different people. My mother and sister have had the disease longer than I so they have tried every medication and any other suggestion they hear about.
After almost 30 years with the disease my mother only takes aleve for pain, and she keeps as active as possible. Does her own shopping, active in her congregation, etc. My sister is just the opposite. My sister has tried and still takes a variety of prescription drugs. She is always depressed and spends most of her life in bed, in pain.
I am taking lyric for the pain as needed. So some days I don't take it, then others I need it twice a day. I also suffer from depression, chronic fatigue and bi-polar disorder. I take wellbutrin and depakote for those diseases.
I am still very active, but when I crash I crash. Since the program I don't allow myself more than 2-3 days to feel bad. I watch tear jerker movies or romance novel and stay in bed. then on day 3 or 4 I get up, and get back to my life. I know everyone can't be like me, but I sure wish you could. I just keep remembering I am not suffering alone.
fortyplus02

Celyon

Post by Celyon » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:58 am

Oops, I just realized I responded to this post a while ago. But this is a topic we can talk about every day, because everyone is affected differently. I don't think anxiety causes fibro, I think fibro makes you anxious when you can't live the way you want because of an illness. I do know that I have to control the bad stress in my life and thanks to Lucinda I am learning to do this.
fortyplus02

herebedragons

Post by herebedragons » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:34 am

Dear goodtobehome,

I can so relate to you and your recurrent dizziness. Just when you feel like you have "made" some ground...BOOM there is the critter again.

I am having the recurrence of some of my issues as well. I have fibromyalgia, adrenal fatigue and depression. And I have hit a stump with it, All of it. Nothing seems to keep me moving forward; I move along, all seems ok then I'm right back where I started and I am backpeddling like hell.

I have reached the point where I'm ready to give up...exercise, taking my supplements, trying to be positive. WHY?

Negative, you say...yep. I have a doc who doesn't believe in Adrenal Fatigue (Eat small meals of protein she says...with NO appetite!)and a Nutripath who is treating me for Heavy Metal Poisoning (Copper/Aluminum)who is well aware of the fear caused by copper/aluminum overload BUT who is a cold fish and wants my money for the supplements which cost too much. Detox is awful and makes you terribly sick and all he can say is "you didn't get this way overnight...and you won't get well overnight".

Meanwhile I am in constant pain that I can't even take tylenol for due to blown discs in my neck and back! I can't take even ibuprophen because of my two bloodpressure meds and nothing for depression due to my thyroid med! So basically all I have to fight this terrifying ordeal with is my mind!

I hear over and over on the site "CHange your thinking" and I understand that I need to but NOWHERE on Lucinda's CDs do I find HOW to do that. Change them to what, I say?

So here I sit (Gawd I hate feeling sorry myself)feeling alone, isolated and LOST, totally lost. Regretfully, I remember my son's childhood and all the things I couldn't or wouldn't do for him or with him because I was caught up in my own Bull. My husband has a life, my son' is now 20 (with his own copper/aluminum inheritance from me)and his own life and here I sit, disabled by my own thinking and blaming myself. I have No interest in ordinary housework, or going out, I am sabotaging myself at every turn. And below it all is the tiredness, whether of adrenal fatigue/depression/lack of exercise or what, who knows. The only time I come alive is when they are home and only because I feel guilty about not caring for things.

I hate being this way, guys! I don't remember if I ever enjoyed anything, certainly that I could do now. I used to be quite an intelligent and talented person; now all I do is minimal housework, worry about killing myself smoking at the kitchen table (I chain smoke, now)and nap until they get home. I volunteer for stuff to have outside interests and then when it comes time, I don't have the energy, don't feel well or don't want to put myself thru the stress of getting ready to go...no one will miss me anyway, right? And then I feel horrible because I didn't go and resent the fact that everyone else did and had fun! THAT'S sick stuff! But I do it on a regular basis. And I hate home...being at home by myself, nothing but housework to do but I resist doing anything different!

I don't like myself very much right now! I'm 59 and I've lost 50 lbs from the adrenal fatigue AND most of that is muscle, so my skin just hangs on me. My wrinkles have wrinkles. And when I try to eat, I am bored with what I have and still I buy the same things...gagging down every bite. And yet I know that I lose more muscle and strength if I don't eat.

I am out of control and my life has become unmanageable. So please don't tell me what I need to do...tell me what YOU do to help yourself, instead. That helps me more.

Thanks,
H.B.D.
"As lang as Dragons fly in human imaginations, then Magic be a relative term"
"Fram thas life tae tha next..."

Diana J.

Post by Diana J. » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:34 pm

I am sorry you are having such a stuggle to say the least. You are not out of control because you want to change and you are asking for help. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia when I was 18. I am 37 now. What helps me is very gentle and modified yoga and pilates. I have dvd's that I can do at home. I enjoy taking walks even when I think I won't. I drink a juice called Monavie- it has fruit and liquid glucosamine, so it get's absorbed better than supplements. I started the program about 3 weeks ago and I am hopeful that it will help the anxiety and depression therefore it has to have a positive affect on my health. Most diseases are believed to be stress related right? I wish you all the best. don't beat yourself up, get up and try again. You can do it!

herebedragons

Post by herebedragons » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:25 am

Thanks, Diana J. for your kind response, I am having trouble getting responses from this website to help me and I get so discouraged by that.

H.B.D.
"As lang as Dragons fly in human imaginations, then Magic be a relative term"
"Fram thas life tae tha next..."

Diana J.

Post by Diana J. » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:46 am

I only spoke about what I do for my physical pain and I'm wondering if you were more concerned with the emotional stuff. I like to read self improvement books, mostly my Bible. I have found God's word full of truth and life. I'm also more careful about what and how much TV I watch. Are you still doing the program? I am on session 1 because I initially went to fast through session 1-3 so at my husband's advice I started over from the beginning. I am very hopeful this is going to change my life by changing the way I think which shapes my attitude. I try to make myself a list of small tasks and check them off as i complete them. I like to include doing something nice for my husband and children. When I don't get through the list I just carry it over to the next day. I try to talk to myself the way I would speak to my loved ones. I hope this helps you. I will keep you in my prayers.:)

giga247

Post by giga247 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:11 am

hi donna gail, maybe you can answere a question for me. since last year after i was diagnoised with a heart problem and depression and high anxiety set in i feel very tired and in the morining i feel as though i worked out all day the day befor and all my muscels are soar from neck to ankles. now im a worry and am always at the drs because of my illness they usually just say im lacking vitamins or something so is this just my stress or im not realy sure what fibro is and if i need to be cheked for it so maybe you or suffers can help that know

healthylife4me2day

Post by healthylife4me2day » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:27 pm

I take quite a bit of Hydrocodone to make it thru the day w/ my pain levels. I have to take Seroquel at night to get ANY sleep. I also take anti-depressants, but not for Fibro, for depression. Oh, and I take Lyrica, which works REALLY WELL. You should really try it.

Kris

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”