Asthma, Allergies, Anxiety

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
nick11

Asthma, Allergies, Anxiety

Post by nick11 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:09 pm

i'm 26 and have had anxiety/panic for 10 years or so now... i'm working with a therapist, got the program, pretty much have the anxiety down and understand its all in the way you're thinking, BUT... i have mild (moderate now) asthma and allergies that is not controlled very well. i take albuterol as needed, but for the most part i just try to stick it out without taking any medication mainly because i want to be able to handle the anxiety/asthma without medication..i have a stressful job, can't breathe well, always have negative thoughts, i can't live like this.. having asthma and allergies on top of an anxiety disorder is a rough way to live.. i can't leave my house sometimes for fear of having breathing problems... its always about the breathing for me.... i hate this i really can't take it anymore.. i'm so sick of this i live in a poor town and have poor health insurance with poor doctors... i'm just in a really bad situation.. does anyone have any help for breathing/asthma and how to cure this naturally.. i think allergies are making it much worse, but the fact that my lungs are so sensitive to these triggers scares me because i can't leave my home for the fear of having asthma symptoms.. the albuterol makes the anxiety worse and its a vicious cycle.. i really don't know what the hell to do??? i can't see the doctor because my insurance is bad, i'm out of money to see the psychiatrist, i can't breathe properly, i have a sick daughter who has special needs, if i could breathe and get rid of this dizziness/allergies/tense back/painjkljaklsdjfklasdm i dunno what to do

ilovedale

Re: Asthma, Allergies, Anxiety

Post by ilovedale » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:41 pm

Hi!
I have had asthma for many years and have gradually smoked myself into emphysema.
Anyway, I have quit smoking; my lungs are slowly recovering. I did buy a vaporizer. I had little faith in doing so, yet I am on Albuterol and Advair. So, I thought, "Well, why not go buy a vaporizer?"
I have found it helpful and very soothing.
I am new on here and am not sure how to navigate around. So, if I don't respond again, don't take it personally! I am not sure how to see who responds, etc.
I guess this isn't Facebook!
Take care,

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”