Fibromyalgia and Autoimmune issues

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
hopeful12

Fibromyalgia and Autoimmune issues

Post by hopeful12 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:36 am

Hi,

I have just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and have a lot of widespread pain. I also have GERD and IBS which I have learned are common in fibromyalgia patients. Because I also have a high CRP level, my rheumatologist thinks I also have signs of rhuematoid arthritis or something autoimmune related. I often have low grade fevers and bursitis in right hip. He started me on plaquenil to see if that would help joint pain. I already take zoloft for anxiety disorder. I haven't had bad panic for years, but after 6 weeks on the plaquenil, I suddenly started to have spontaneous panic attacks and then of course more attacks from being sensitized again. I read on the plaquenil info that it can cause mood and anxiety problems (yeah, it figures right?) and so I stopped taking it. My panic went away for about 3 weeks. Now my joint pain is worse and I feel shaky every morning which in turn makes me feel panicky. I am doing the program again. I cut out all caffiene, I reduced sugar -- when I am really anxious I can't eat. I am just wondering if anyone is experiencing anything similar to having their chronic pain symptoms making them panicky. I am taking my family and mother on a cruise in two weeks. I get really scared thinking what am I going to do if I panic on ship. I know I can deal with one panic attack and I can use my skills. Just afraid that somehow my medical problems will ruin the cruise. Thank you!

tnmom66

Re: Fibromyalgia and Autoimmune issues

Post by tnmom66 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:16 am

I am a fibromyalgia sufferer, too. My worst and most constant symptom is extreme fatigue. It is different from the mental fatigue from depression and stress. But I tend to think that mismanaged stress makes everything worse.

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”