arthritis

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
LyndaLu

arthritis

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:47 pm

I have arthritis, bursitis, and joint disease. I am constantly using these physical ailments as an excuse
for the way I feel psychologically. I know that one thing can lead to the other, but I think that I am
just taking it to the extremes. I know what I need to do to feel physically better and I still don't do
it. I am just sitting around here whining to myself. Does anyone else out there have arthritis and what
do you do to get through each day. With arthritis if you don't move around you feel worse, but then
since you feel crappy you don't want to move around. I find myself just not moving around because it
hurts to do so. Lynda :(

hopeful12

Re: arthritis

Post by hopeful12 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:10 am

Hi Lyndalu,

I just got diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis along with fibromyalgia and just found out from an mri that I have a labral tear in my right hip. I know what you are talking about. I try to pace myself and I also know that I am more afraid of the sad, defeated feelings if I don't get up and move more than the pain. So I move -- slowly. I realize that the pain is just a minor annoyance when I am talking with friends or shopping etc. Every day I ask God to help me complete the things that He wants me to do and He does. Hope this helps even a little.

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”