Chronic pain

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
jannymac

Re: Chronic pain

Post by jannymac » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:45 pm

Hi, LyndaLu, and all here - I'm new to the forum, and while I doubt that my condition is nearly as severe as any you have mentioned, (plantar fasciitis, sinus tarsi, arthritis, and posterior tibial tendon dysfunction - all in the same spot on the same foot) I can sympathize with what you are experiencing. I can't dance, can't do yoga, two of my major stress and pain relief strategies - but I know that doing whatever you CAN do to alleviate the pain gives you a sense of control; doing it religiously often provides more results than you would believe possible. Here's to hot baths, whirlpools, massage (and massage cushions) yoga, mediatation capsaicin, menthol rubs, salicylate rubs, and probably a few I haven't thought of here! Bless you all in your search for comfort. I will keep checking in to see how everyone is doing - and probably to vent a little, too.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:19 pm

Hi janny:

I posted on this subject many, many months ago.

I am feeling a bit better now physically since I last wrote, even though my conditions themselves have not changed. I still visit a myriad of doctors for all of my health conditions and I still get weary of it. But my outlook has changed greatly since I have been getting much more assistance from programs and centers here in my city in regards to my mental health conditions. I owe a big "thank you" to all the folks facilitating the classes and workshops I have been attending and participating in the last three months. I also thank the doctors and staff at the local hospital who gave me the "jump start" that I needed so badly. Everyone has been so kind and compassionate, I did not know these kinds of people existed out there. Don't give up hope on feeling better.

LyndaLu

Donnamarie555

Post by Donnamarie555 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:27 am

I have chronic back pain from a fall down the stairs 11 years ago. It has changed my life. I am currently in physical therapy and trying to reinvent my life. I stopped doing everything after my accident and lived on pain killers. Six to seven months ago I came off of all pain killers and can now think clearly. I see where I let my pain take over my life. My anxiety caused a lot of problems for me so I ordered this program. It is great! It has taught me a lot about anxiety that I didn't know. I have opened up my drapes and let the sun in my apartment for the first time in 10 years. It feels so awesome. I am not letting my pain rule my life anymore! The Lord is with me. Let Him help you, also. Stay focused on positives and not your pain. Keep working the program and you will be alright. Love you.

Donnamarie555

Post by Donnamarie555 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:32 am

I forgot to tell you that a hot bath with coconut oil, lavender oil, and Epsom salts makes you feel oh so good. Give it a try. If you don't like those oils, try a few of your favorites.

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”