Prevacid & nausea

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
Enigma

Post by Enigma » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:53 pm

I started taking prevacid again a few days ago for my acid reflux. However now I'm having strong bouts of nausea during and shortly after eating breakfast and sometimes lunch. I also don't feel the usual near instant relief that I use to get from prevacid as I have almost constant pain at the base of my sternum and frequent intestinal distress. I'm starting to question my diagnosis and sometimes wonder if its actually a lack of enough acid.

SimpleTruths

Post by SimpleTruths » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:49 pm

Hi Enigma,

I too have acid reflux and a hiatal hernia. I have used apple cider vinegar in the past and it has helped me. Just a teaspoon in about 4-6 ounces of water with dinner helps. Take small sips and it will taste like you're having a salad with whatever you are eating! :) I never have taken a PPI as I know they are meant for short term use and can cause more problems in the long run. My brother and dad both take them and have for years - now they can't function without them and still have problems with acid reflux. My brother, who is only 33, can't even drink a glass of water if he isn't on the meds. Soooo....I'm trying my best to avoid them. So far, I'm sleeping sitting up until about half way through the night and I take tums as needed.

Also, if I eat small, frequent meals instead of larger ones I do alot better - and no greasy foods! I know, I know, what's left?! :D But it really does help. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”