hypoglycemia and anxiety disorder a connection ?? input plz

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
steveracer

Post by steveracer » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:00 pm

i was wondering if having hypogycima low blow sugar . has connections to anxiety it seems as if they have the same symptons . nervousness brain fog , confusion and can one trigger the other ??

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:26 pm

I don't know but had been wondering the same thing. I can't tell whether it's hypoglycemia or panic that I am feeling. Eat protein rich foods and that should help with the low blood sugar.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:06 am

thanks i agree i have gone through this program and know it works !! i am starting it up again . dont it drive a bit bonkers lol

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:50 am

yes, they are intimately related. when you go for periods without food, your blood sugar drops. In order to regulate it, your adrenals kick in with cortisol (also released during a panic attack or when under stress). best to eat small meals and must eat protein with every meal to balance blood sugar as well as insulin and glucagon (hormones produced in the pancreas). I'm convinced a good diet is the cornerstone to good health - mental and physical! good luck.

gnugget1

Re: hypoglycemia and anxiety disorder a connection ?? inp

Post by gnugget1 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:08 am

The toughest part for me is trying to decide if it's just my blood sugar or a panic attack. I finished the program about 5 years ago and have been good until about a month ago. A lot of life changes, and started with some panic attacks again. But, I am also seeing that the problems with my blood sugar have become horribly apparent as well. When I didn't have the anxiety problems for the past few years, I didn't really have problems with my blood sugar, either. At least, it didn't seem as bad, until my anxiety popped up again.

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”