cancer

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
rosie 23

Post by rosie 23 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:46 am

I am in remision right now from leukemia (apml)
wich should be awsome,but not for me i am haveing so much break through anxiety that its not even funny. just doing this is making me shake. every one says go back to regular life i wish i could ,i had gotten better and was even working and then i got hit eith this brick a little over a yr ago. now what, what do i do?

SimpleTruths

Post by SimpleTruths » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:43 pm

Hello Rosie,

I am so sorry to hear of your battle with leukemia but glad to hear you are in remission. Having any kind of chronic illness is a stresser to our minds and bodies.

When I saw your question, "now what, what do I do?" the only thing that came to my mind is to take one day at a time and trust God. I know that may sound like a cliche but it is what gets me through. No matter who we are, or what kind of illness we are facing, that is where we will find peace. I wish you the best.

rosie 23

Post by rosie 23 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:04 am

I wanted to say thank you for your kind words,it sounds like you are spritualy minded. I only made it through my cancer because of him.
Now im going to focues on giveing back to him.
thanks again.

Rosie

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:47 am

Rosie, is apml the same as AML type leukemia?

RodH

Post by RodH » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:33 pm

Rosie, I'm sorry to hear of your situation. cancer is a bummer. I'm thankful it's going away. As for Faith, I ditto SimpleTruths. God is the only way I made it through the throat cancer I was diagnosed with 13 years ago. Pull deeply into God!
Since I lost a LOT of weight from the treatments etc, etc. I have had all these years to read books, articles, also things from internet findings, notes from doctors, I am thouroughly convinced that Nutrition is the key. Eating good takes us a long way. We all have heard the term 'You ARE what You eat', i know it's true. I bought a book called 'Beating Cancer With Nutrition', it has some recipes in it, I plan on buying another book with similar title. Also take a good quality multi-vitamin, I take Mark Sissons 'Damage Control Advanced Health Formula', it's less than his "Master Formula"(with the economy like it is!) But please-please cook and eat right. NO SUGAR! sugars feeds cancer!(sugar water is what they use in a PET-Scan) Use agavee or stevia when/where you can, also avoid white breads/pastas and eat only 100% whole wheat!

Our Faith in the Lord God Almighty plays such a giant role. I have smoked forever(Time to quit cigs huh?) and had cancer and now a stroke and God has brought me through it all!! There is NO WAY I can ignore that fact and I never will! Thank You God and Christ Jesus, i am alive (not enough room in this message to tell you all I've been through :) ) I almost forgot, please look at your local Christian Book Store for a pocket booklett titled 'God's Creative Power For Healing' by Charles Capps. I read parts of it every day just as it suggests in the text. It contains Healing Scriptures, and I believe it had a lot to do with me getting through those 3 years!.
God is indeed a good Father!
PrivateMessage me if You'd like, because I rarely come back and visit these posts I make.

Take care,
Rod
Last edited by RodH on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ksfrost

Re: cancer

Post by Ksfrost » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:29 pm

Am a cancer survivor, lost my husband in my 30's ...am 50 now and finally figured out I suffer from anxiety attacks...am going through the program, finding it really helpful. Still worry about the cancer coming back...anyone else out there feel the same?

Karin

dieball

Post by dieball » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:48 am

Hi, I am a 27 year survivor of ovarian cancer. I have had 3 bouts with it. In 2009 I had a occurrence again this time I've been through 4 rounds of chemo and my count is still 97 should be below 30. I have lost 4 tumors. But it just seem to keep holding on no mater what. I just started the program last week and I am already doing better with my thing of positive things instead on negative. I pray this work because I have tried everything else and nothing is getting me out of the depression that I am in. I'll stay in touch and keep you up dated. But I think I am on the right track now. Don't forget to pray for me.
mjdieball

Rosie27

Post by Rosie27 » Thu May 17, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi, this is rose 23 but it's been so long I had to use a different name. ;) so now it's rosie27. If any one wants to further the topice on cancer I will be making a effort to visit at least every day, as my own form of therapy :D would love a regular person to talk to, u know no one really gets u unless they have had it. ;)

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”