Thyroid update

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
HisGirl

Post by HisGirl » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:16 pm

Just an update for those of you interested. Last week I saw an endo for my over-medicated thyroid problem. I am hypo-thyroid, and started on natural meds 8 months ago. The endo concluded that the natural meds were too strong for my system and were really affecting me with anxiety, jitters, shaking, insomnia, weight loss, pain in the thyroid are, etc.

Shge switched me back to synthetic meds, as they are easier to monitor and dose. In one week on the new meds so many of my symptoms have subsided. I am not waking up with shaking or anxiety, my appetite is coming back and I just generally feel more peaceful.

This has been a large part of the puzzle for me. I encourage anyone with thyroid issues to check up with your doctor to see if it could be contributing to your anx/dep issues.

Blessings,
HisGirl

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:24 pm

I have three nodules on my thryoid but at this
time am taking no meds. I see my Endocrinologist twice a year for an ultrasound.

I don't think that people know how much our
thyroid effects how we feel. Everyone should get a blood test to check it out.

Lynda

rae75

Re: Thyroid update

Post by rae75 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:52 pm

Hello there! I am having problems with my thyroid as well an was taking 50 mg of PTU, until yesterday when my doc called and said to stop them for a day or so since I was feeling, sluggish, shaky and having trouble swallowing. I have anapt with my Endo tomorrow.

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”