Lyme Disease Anyone?

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
blessedmomto3a

Post by blessedmomto3a » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:45 am

I am currently finishing treatment (do you ever finish treatment??!?!?) after 1 1/2 years of IV and oral antibiotics for chronic Lyme Disease. Unfortunately it also inflicted two of my three children and my husband so we have become very familiar with it. I was just wondering anyone else suffers from this as it has known to come with EXTREME panic/anxiety. I have come a long way as I would be in all day panic and be on constant "edge" this time last year, but still am house bound, but have suffered from panic for over 20 years. Just curious if anyone else suffers from Lyme.
Blessings to all -

Janell79

Post by Janell79 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:32 pm

I was recently diagnosed with Lyme disease and a co-infection, called Babesiosis. I have had the symptoms for about 15 years!
I started IV antibiotics, two weeks ago and have had a little relief with the anxiety, paranoia and depression. I still have my good and bad days, though.
I have been going to the message boards on <A HREF="http://www.lymenet.org" TARGET=_blank>www.lymenet.org</A>. There are a lot of people with Lyme supporting each other. It has been really helpful!
I hope you are feeling better! My lymenet username is lorenzfam, if you're interested.

Susan L

Post by Susan L » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:19 pm

I was diagnosed with chronic lyme disease last November. Suffered with a multitude of symptoms for years - anxiety, depression, panic attacks, ear and eye pain, muscle and joint pain, tmj, heart palpitations and murmur, arthritis, twitching extremities, hot flashes, sweats, chills, etc. etc. I'm on my second round of antibiotics and finding relief. Still have a ways to go. I found this program years ago when the anxiety was really extreme for me, after trying for 2 years to find the right anxiety/depression medication. The tools used here helped so much, but I couldn't get over most of my symptoms - lyme disease was the biggest culprit for me. For anyone suffering with multiple symptoms like I did, I would seriously consider being tested for lyme with the western blot test. My daughter was just diagnosed. Now I'm wondering if I had lyme when I was pregnant with her over 19 years ago. She has also suffered with anxiety at times.

jmgarnet76

Post by jmgarnet76 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:04 am

I have Lyme Disease, Candida, Babesia and my Bartonella is finally in remission.

I go to <A HREF="http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com" TARGET=_blank>www.truthaboutlymedisease.com</A> message board. My screen name there is simliar to the one here. I do not come here that much. I started using Lucinda's program until my health problems overwhelmed me. I haven't finished it as the problems I had are basically gone (the anxiety aspect of it) since I started treating LD.

BUT a CD that was in my program ... the relaxation CD is key to my sleeping. It helps me relax to where I can actually get some sleep. :)

I hope you find the forums on truthaboutlymedisaese.com There are other places for LD support to such as Myspace and Facebook.

JV

Post by JV » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:03 am

I was diagnosed about a year ago with Chronic Lyme and suspected to have Bartonella as well. Also have candida, adrenal fatigue, complex herpes viruses, the works that come with it all!
I have had anxiety since a young child (6), so it's hard for me to come to grips with the possibility that my anxiety and depression has worsened due to bartonella. But, 5 years ago, everything did get exponentially worse in every department.
I am now being treated with antibiotics, herbals, supplements, etc. I was diagnosed with everything under the sun as well as being told that it was all in my head (about 50 times). It's nice to have an diagnosis, but tough to fight a disease that is in the middle of a heated debate and is largely misunderstood. good luck to all. there are great websites out there to help!

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”