Anyone with a heart transplant?

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
lamaestra13

Post by lamaestra13 » Thu May 08, 2008 2:03 pm

Hi, my name is Natalia. I'll be 33 on May 13. I got a heart transplant in 2003. Before that however, I'd always been a really anxious child and still am as an adult. my negative thoughts and arrogant attitude often lead to depression that if I allow it, will land me in bed away from the world. I've gotten better over the years, and I had to in order to qualify for a new heart. My biggest (current) fear is not living long enough to complete all of my plans! Adopt a baby and be his/her mom. Knowing that he/she is my child and that I'm not babysitting and have to return the child at the end of the day!

I'd like to grow older with my husband and watch us get gray hair together.

I also want to reach my career goals and have a private practice and be a professor one day!

Moments like these, daydreaming, are wonderful.

I just don't want to lose this life, not yet!

R.T.E.

Post by R.T.E. » Thu May 08, 2008 3:45 pm

Hi again.just read your post. My husband and I have adopted two children when they were newborns. My daughter is 13 and my son 10.
I wish for all your dreams to come true.

Post by Guest » Tue May 20, 2008 8:02 am

i do not have a heart transplant but I have a disease called Sarcoidosis. Like you I also have dreams...dreams that who knows if will be cut short by this disease. I know people that have been diagnosed that have died within weeks and others that have lived with it for almost 30 years.

What I have learned is that everyones time is limited. We all have an expiration date, w just do not know when.

I have conditioned myself to just enjoy...enjoy each day, my family, my friends, my abilities. I haev this black cloud that I wake with every morning and I can choose to acknowledge it and move on or it can keep me from living my life. I have the choice, I have the control over that.

I returned to college and am working on my graphic design/multi media degree. I am married to such a wonderful man....I do what I need to do each day & thank the good Lord I was blessed to have another day. I have SO much around me to be thankful for and spend my moments with. I focus on that and not the fact that damn black cloud never goes away.

Live each day as if it were your last. Do the things you want to do, need to do. Live and love!

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:41 pm

natalia, i know the feeling but i do not have heart transplant but have a blockage in the branch of my heart dr said i have coronary heart disease i also think abt this see i am raising my 3 grandchildren and thy are 10=11=13 and i want to see them become adults but have realized i missed out on alot bcause of worry and itis not worth the joy i hope you do adopt kids and look for the greatness while we are here good luck and take care by the way i have had blockage since 1995 and few months ago was told it was cad

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:34 pm

above note i ment to say it is not worth worrying bcause it does not help i do hope you adopt bcause the joy you get is well worth any other

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”