heard of this one?

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
Maretta

Post by Maretta » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:09 pm

Intertistial cystitis!! this is a chronic illness that i have which is a disease of the bladder where you have no lining on your bladder because stress has eating the lining away. Therefore causinf pain when you eat certain foods and drink certain liquids. I am constantly in the bathroom 50 or more times a day!! Yes i said 50 or more times a day urinating!! I am 34 yrs old and just recently won my disability case and this is just driving me crazy!! which led to my anxiety and depression. Your in constant pain and you just have to find the right meds that are for you to maintain this. From this I cannot hold a job because no one is gonna hire someone who constantly has to go to the bathroom. As bad as that sounds though the anxiety and depression is worse!! Oh yes and with raising three children this has really affectd my life! But the program is working so far and i am confident once i tackle the anxiety and depression i can focus on the illness more. it is a chronic illness. One thing for sure is when it is my time to go i will not miss peeing! lol!!!!

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:33 pm

Hello:)
I also have IC. Stress definitely makes IC symptoms worse though it doesn't cause IC to occur. Have you found any treatments that work?
When I first got IC, I was voiding 60x a day also, completely unable to sleep more than 20 minutes at a time. A multimodal treatment approach (oral medications, bladder washes, diet, physical therapy) has given me back a good quality of life. I work fulltime, take classes, exercise moderately. I do struggle with anxiety. Many IC patients do. The research says it's a concurrent condition, perhaps linked on the same gene.
How is StressCenter program helping you?

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”