symptoms

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
catrisch

Post by catrisch » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:58 am

I didn't know where to post this so I put it on this forum.

I know we get a lot of strange physical symptoms with anxiety for no reason. Do any of you ever get a dull ache right above your left breast. I know its my anxiety but I tend to think it's always worse; then my mind gets stuck on that feeling. Yesterday I got it and kind of freaked myself out. I took a xanax and it went away. I know if it was not an anxiety symptom, xanax would not have worked. It's like a dull ache or almost feels like a muscle.

Dina

Post by Dina » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:30 am

I get it all the time, its muscle I am a waitress and by the end of the weekend i feel like i am having a heart attack. I been to doctor it's a muscle pain. dont worry bout it!

csprague1981

Post by csprague1981 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:23 pm

Yeah I get that chest pain also. When i first started getting it it used to send me into a full blown panic attack. I had a ll kinds of tests done on my heart, alot of them unpleasent. Nothing wrong. It's anxiety. It can cause chest pains and tightness in your chest. Just try to ignore it. It's just tense muscles. I still get them and they make me nervous sometimes but they pass and i try to ignore them. Dont worry about it.

Truly Blessed

Post by Truly Blessed » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:01 am

I get chest pains even in my breast it was hurting me so bad i knew i had to go to the hospital but i was afraid that it was something that could kill me. A week later i went to the emergency room, they took x-rayz and didnt find anything. They said it was anti-flammatory and gave me ibprohen and said it had to heal on its own.I left after all that still thinking it was something worst that they didnt know what they were talking about, thats when in knew it was all in my head. Everyday i walk around & lay around thinking negative and looking for things to be wrong with me.

Josie62

Post by Josie62 » Wed May 21, 2008 8:06 am

Yes, I also get a chest pain at the front of my left breast. But when I adjust the way I sit, it usually goes away. And when I press on that area, it feels a little sore, so I think it must be a chest muscle that gets tensed up. Like so many others, I have had a full battery of tests for my heart and they all came out okay. So when I get that feeling in my chest, I usually do self-talk and tell myself this thing does go away. And usually I am stressed when I get that feeling. Never in my life have I had these strange feelings until I got anxiety. But it is getting better.

getting thru this

Post by getting thru this » Sun May 25, 2008 11:13 am

I get those pains also and it scares me but i also was getting anxious one day i was driving in the country to a house to look at i had the worse panic attack and ended up in the hospital was told did not have a heart attack after several tests but since in 1995 they did a catherter and found a blockage in the branch of my heart the dr decided to do another one since i had been awhile guess what the dr was not very compassionate he said my veins and vessels were small (but i am not a big person)and said i still have the blockage and i really need to get my cholesterol under control it was somewhat high bad was (160)but the blockage was on the branch he was not worried about since it had been ther for 13 yrs but i do have coronary heart disease this dr put my anxiety at a higher level cause of course i think of all kinds of things please help does anyone know what i should do

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”