headaches

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
christinepsc

Post by christinepsc » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:19 am

I have had a headache for about 10 days now. It just won't go away. I am not one to get headaches. It is scaring me. My GP says it is stress. I feel like it is a tumor. I am scared :(
~*~Christine~*~

christinepsc

Post by christinepsc » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:24 am

If I worry about it can it make it worse? Or can it give me a headache? My Mom told me if I have a brain tumor it is my fault for worry about it so much. Can you worry yourself so much that you give yourself one or cancer elsewhere?
~*~Christine~*~

Mimigirl

Post by Mimigirl » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:30 am

Hi Christine,
I too have been getting terrible migraines from the anxiety this is a new symptom for me as well but it is for sure stress. You can try a nice warm bath and also if you can get out peppermint oil on your temples and back of your neck helps soooo much just put it in some type of cream about 10-15 drops. I hope this helps and no honey you won't get a brain tumor b/c you are worried about it to much.
I will pray for you that you will feel better.
Also some heat on your neck might help as well.
God bless you and try to breath and do your relaxation tape at least 2 times a day that will help too. I am here if you need to talk.
Love Mimi

Mamma Maria

Post by Mamma Maria » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:57 am

Hi. I am a headache sufferer. Look at your headache...are you having loss of vision, vomiting without nausea, worse with lying down, loss of balance/function? These would be more concerning signs. Migraine often are associated with one side of the head, behind the eye, nausea, sensitive to light and sound. You should see your doctor if you have not gotten relief from Ibuprofen/Advil after a few days. Good luck

bevhembree

Post by bevhembree » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:03 pm

I suffered with migraines for years. I would guess that's what you have. One that has lasted this long needs to be taken care of. Please see a doctor when you can get there. A simple shot of Toradol can make it go right away. Your stress can be the trigger and the reason it won't go away. Stress over the long haul can have its effects on our health, so it's a good thing we have this program to put us on the right path. Please don't listen to your mother about causing a brain tumor. That's one of those negative thoughts we need to get rid of. Please let us know how you are doing. Beverly
"Here and happy because of my three little angels- Marie, Chad and Cady."

christinepsc

Post by christinepsc » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:24 pm

Hi Beverly. My GP says it is stress. Did not give me anything for it. It is mostly in my right temple (My temple is twitching also) but sometimes is a headache in the right back of my head and behind my right sinus or eye.
~*~Christine~*~

bevhembree

Post by bevhembree » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:07 pm

Sounds like a migraine, and stress is probably the culprit, but you still deserve treatment. They rarely burnout on their own. Not to scare you but I was in a migraine support group where the rule was if it lasts more than 72 hours, you COULD be at risk for a stroke. Not to scare you, it is rare. Are there any walk-in clinics you could go to or could you call your doc back and tell him the pain is still there and to give you something for it? There's no need to live with it if you don't have to. Beverly
"Here and happy because of my three little angels- Marie, Chad and Cady."

angelos

Post by angelos » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:05 pm

Christine,
don't be scared...a few weeks ago i was fed up bc i felt constant pressure in my head for 2 weeks straight..i would wake up and the first thing i would think of is "i wonder when i'm gonna start feeling the pressure". Me thinking about it made it worse..i eventually got so scared over it that i went to the ER bc it was a weekend..they did a CT scan and there was nothing wrong with me..that was a few weeks ago and after i left the ER i had the pressure for a few more days and than the less concerned I was about it, the more it went away..I was thinking the same things as you..I was scared I had a tumor and all..But it was nothing...I still feel them once in a while, as a matter of fact I felt the pressure last nite...The difference is now since I know its nothing serious I don't let it consume my mind and scare me..Try and ease some of your scary thoughts because it's stress that is causing them and making them stay..goodluck...Angelo

deerwatcher

Post by deerwatcher » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:32 pm

i had headachs for yrs. my tryed differnt drs. and thay all had differnt reasens my mom took me to a chiropractor it worked now when i get a bad headach that wont go away i go to the chiropractor. but if you wont to try this make its a good chiropractor. i hope you get read of your headach soon.

Irish Lion

Post by Irish Lion » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:05 am

Hi, I had headaches for quite a while until I found out I was clenching my teeth all night and that was the cause of my headaches. Good luck in search of their cause.

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”