Broken veins, small red dots...help!!!

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
JonesyAZ

Post by JonesyAZ » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:20 pm

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone here has small, red/purple veins that look broken on their legs, but more specifically on the side of, or on the chest? From what i've read online, it seems that I have some minor spider veins. Plus, i've been noticing these really tiny red dots, like they were made with a red-ink ballpoint pen on my body? I have two on my right breast-area, a couple on my left arm, and one on my stomach.

Is there any reason to worry about this? I am doing everything I can to stop my obsessing regarding my health. You guys/gals have been true angels for me so far.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:13 pm

Hello JonesyAZ,

It is nothing to worry about. I have the spider veins, ( call varicose veins ) a lot of women do. I also have the small red dots it is call petechiae, it is only blood vessel breaks. Neither one of them will harm you, there is no need to worry about them.
My doctor told me what the red dots were, and said it is nothing to worry about. I hope you can stop obessing over this.
Sunshine1960

musicman

Post by musicman » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:34 pm

My husband gets them. I would not worry to much and if it would make you feel better go to the doc and he or she will tell you it is ok. Hope you feel better.

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”