Hypoglycemia

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:12 pm

Hi, Schnauzermom! I'm so sorry that your husband is still having these problems. Not good.

William went for the glucose monitoring test yesterday morning. He had been through a bunch of blood tests and a hormone test that all came back normal. The test from yesterday shows that his blood sugar levels go high very quickly and then drop rapidly, too. They didn't give us a name for what causes this. They told me, though, to keep him off of high-carbohydrate foods and to eat lots of small meals. He has an appointment in December to visit with a dietition for further details.

In the meantime, he has changed his diet some and is feeling better in some ways.

I hope that your husband can get some answers and some relief for both of you. Take care.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:59 am

Tollymom,

Sorry I did not see your post until now. Yes the Zoloft fizzled out when I first started back on it and needed to up until I hit the 100 mark. I personally would never go from 50 to 100 like that. I would seriously go up in 25mg incriments. I am sensitive to meds, so my doctors works with me. 75 may be the ticket for you. If it works, great! If not, you can always talk to your MD about going to 100. The 75 worked for about a month or a bit more if I remember correctly. I felt decent for a little biut and like you I exoerienced symptoms again. But 100 was the magic mg for me. I think most doctors will work with you so you feel better. I hope you will feel better soon. In the meantime, find things that make you feel good and soothe you when you are anxious. Take comfort in knowing that anxiety will not harm you and that it just "feels" uncomfortable and but that you WILL be just fine. That helped me until I got a hold of my MD.

drg,
glad there is some upward movement with your sons testing and he is feeling better. Everyone is different and the answers are not clear. Sometimes it is time and triak and error method. A dietician will be able to help choose foods that will work with the way your sons body works and steer him in a btter direction. The dietician has helped my husband, he is better than before, but like I said it is not a science. My husband has taken in MORE protien and a snack before he drives home from work and this weeks end he was much better according to him, so he said to hold off the monitor for now. I really think diet is a big contributor with hubby's black outs. I really beleive the dietician will make great suggestions and your son will notice improvement. It may need to be tweaked for him, but at least it will be a great starting point. Please keep us updated, ok? I hope the best for you and your son.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:29 pm

drg
If its any help, when I was 17 I had some type of seizure and was taken to the hospital. Not knowing the reason for it, I was tested for hypoglycemia. it took a good part of the day in the hosptal to see how high and low my blood sugar would go. Eventually it went down to 80 and I was diagnosed mildly hypoglycemic.I've also been diagnosed with an underactive Thyroid.In the last couple years I start my day after my thyroid pill with a bowl of cereal and some kind of egg sandwich a couple hours later on my break at work. I've also been drinking only water except in the morning when I have milk. With that the last time I had my blood levels checked, everything was perfect. I remember one time having a massive headache while on vacation, due to going without eating all day while I was traveling. I ate a piece of pizza and felt fine in minutes. I guess good nutrition is one of the biggest keys to good health.I hope this might help you.
Matt

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”