"skipped" heart beats

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:07 pm

I have been having the skipped beats since I was about nine years old. Have had all the tests done also, as a child, and also twice as an adult, with negative results (everything in normal range).
So I am like the original poster here, who got negative results, yet still feels the skipped beats in the pulse.
I know this is from anxiety. It will not hurt you, but it sure feels like it will. I have found many unusual situations that can trigger it for me. Sometimes, if I lay on my right side, it will happen, but sometimes, if I lay on my left side, it will happen. Or, if I go from a cold office to a hot outside, it will happen. Or, if I sit on the floor, it will stop, if I stand up, it will start again. Many things, that make no sense. So, this must be anxiety and a mental issue somehow, but not sure of the mechanism. I have been studying this skipped beats thing for many years, and for me, it continues to come and go, and is highly annoying. Sometimes there is no pain to it, but sometimes there is (like a sharp chest pain that then radiates and spreads across the entire body, very wierd). Other times, when I'm constantly checking my pulse for skipped beats, I will feel nothing as far as pain goes. But before it happens, I might feel a sinking or weird sensation in my upper stomach, and then, the run of skipped beats, and the chest thumps.
I think this entire disorder is stress-related somehow, because I am still alive, even though I've had this problem for over thirty years now.
All of the doctors I've been checked out by say that my heart is normal and in perfect working order, so I just try to ignore the skipped beats now, since no doctor can give me any answers.
I should say also, that I have no other symptoms, just the weird sinking chest feeling, followed by skipped beats and flip flops in the chest. I don't get dizzy or faint. Strangely, if I go out and exercise, I don't notice any skipped beats at all, weird.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:59 pm

I have them , just had them today, they bring me all these symptoms -i have had my heart tested , i even had an eps to help, but they like to stick around, its inevitable to not worry when you feel your hearbeat different...i should listen to my own advice.....lol

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:45 am

I posted a while ago on this subject and I had a halter done and they found nothing wrong and they saw these skipped beats and she (my doc) described them to me and she was right on. She also said they can be aggravated by caffeine, salt, sugar, and other foods. So when I get them I try to remember what I hate or drank in the past 24 Hrs. I also notice it if I don't eat or when I have hormone issues (period, ovulation, ect..) Hope this helps! :)

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”