Lupus anyone?

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
JNB

Post by JNB » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:42 pm

Does anyone out there suffer from Lupus? Would love to hear from you

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:18 am

JNB,

I don't have Lupus, but my mother-in-law does. She has a terrible time with it too. She lived with it for most of her life before being diagnosed. If you suffer from this disease, you have my sympathy! Good luck finding support on this site.

NH Cat Lady

Mello Nello

Post by Mello Nello » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:32 pm

Thank you NH cat lady,

I was starting to feel so alone, lol. Thank you so much for your reply. I glad to say that I don't have it so badly right now, Thank God!. I have become more depressed and started having anxiety due to it though. I guess it's because they don't know much about the disease and at times when I have anxiety, I'm not sure if it's that or something going on with the lupus. It's a bit nerve wrecking. I pretty well think it's more the anxiety and that's why I'm here. Again thank you for your input. Have a great and healthier new year.

Beth

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:55 am

Glad to hear of others with Lupus on this site/program. I was diagnosed last year which started my downward spiral of anxiety and depression. I also developed a fine tremor in my hands which drives me insane. Even though it is so slight - is terrifies me. I have a 2 year old daughter and at times have not been able to care for her because of my emotional state. I am doing better now- finally on the right depression med and I take an anti anxiety med every day. Working on being more positive and optimistic one day at a time. It is hard - and if you have never experienced something like this and tied into a chronic illness - it can be very hard for others to relate. I am having rough morning - trying to be hopeful and optimistic.

h.beth

Post by h.beth » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:45 am

I have a friend who has it and help take to the three doctors to help maintain her condition.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:02 pm

I don't have lupus, but have been on the verge of getting chronic fatigue syndrome, which is similar. I ended up taking five weeks off work, and allowing myself to do absolutely NOTHING. One day I laid on the bed for two hours, not even reading, not sleeping, just laying there. I wanted to see how long it would take to really WANT to get up and get moving -- wanted to give myself permission to lay there all day, if needed to. By the end of the 5 weeks, I was getting much better, my energy was starting to return.

That was mid-year 2007. I've been seeing an acupuncture personf for fatigue, and it's helped a lot. If you can afford it, I recommend it. Swimming has also helped pick up my energy.

These auto immune diseases I think can hit us when we push ourselves too hard -- and anxiety is all about asking too much of ourselves, being too hard on ourselves, being critical no matter what we do, nothing is ever good enough. That creates a constant state of stress that is damaging to the body, and creates the opportunity for serious illness to set in.

My wish for all of us -- and particularly for those with lupus and auto-immune disorders -- is that we give ourselves permission to rest, really extravagant amounts. Absolutely unreasonable, luxurious amounts of rest. Let the body signal you when it's ready to be active again -- and if it's a really, really long time, that's OK.

Best of luck. My heart goes out to you and to your poor tired body. May you rest well tonigh.

Missouri Gal

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”