What can you do about hair loss due to stress ?

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
Sunshine2da

Post by Sunshine2da » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:09 am

I have always had thick hair and for the last 4 months I have been losing hair like crazy. There is so much falling out every day . I'm sure it is the stress, but I can't control the people around me which is the source of the stress. Does anyone else have this problem ?

jennie09

Post by jennie09 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:43 pm

Hi,

I know adsactly what you are going through. I would say the most common cause is stress, then vitamin deficiencies (according to my doc). My hair has been falling out the past few years and I've felt hot with horrible anxiety. I recently had my thyroid check and it showed I have an overactive thyroid. Which also causes anxiety and hair loss. It's very treatable though. I wouldn't worry about the hairloss as long as your feeling fine. It's pretty common during periods of stress. Take care :)

Susan Gilbert

Post by Susan Gilbert » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:39 am

I have read that 90 % of hair loss is due to low progesterone levels. Therefore, it can be hormonal along with stress. Stress will throw your hormones of balance. I added a progesterone cream and my hair loss has lessened. I'd check out the vitamin deficiencies too.
Susan

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:42 pm

Hi Sunshine,

I am not a doctor, but I am sure the others made some good observations.
I'm sure it is the stress, but I can't control the people around me which is the source of the stress.
I also believe as you do, that it may be stress. I quoted you because it is clear that you understand that you can not control others, but you can do something about how the behavior of others shouldn't affect you.

This is easier said than done, but it is good that you do understand that. Well, what can you do to try not to be affected by the conduct and behavior of others. How about trying to distract your attention from the things that others do or say that annoy you and create stress for you?

In the program there is an advice given about positive self talk. I do not agree with the part about inner self talk or thoughts, because when ever you have to competing interest there is always the possibility that the negative thoughts can overcome the positives. However, if you you the term in a literal sense, I can assure you that a spoken word by you will always prevail over any negative thought.

I would suggest making a list of the things that those that upset you say or do, then set directly opposing or positives on the other side. Find the positive item with the least amount of words limit to 3 or 4 words, and then you will have a strategy for the negative encounters. You have the positive counter words, that you will go off, do the breathing exercise for a few minutes and then you will repeat each word in a sure cadence.

I like the use of I- Feel- Great, as the raw and basic positive counter to just about anything. It is simple, easy to remember, and it works! You might want to clap with each word. This incorporates, your speaking out a counter and positive, that you hear in your own voice, and the implementation of a physical aspect. This is a very important component of this exercise. The physical helps to release and send signals to the brain that then release endorphins that make you feel good. So you have the physical, speech, and auditory all working to defeat any negative thoughts you might have at the moment. Give this strategy a chance for several weeks and see if this helps.

I have a cat, I call Bunifa, like the character on Mad TV, suffered from multiple personality disorder, panic and anxiety. I am laughing as I am saying this, but she manifested each of these characteristics. She couldn't sleep and cried out like a baby all night long, she was either pulling out chunks of her hair and of course she rapid mood changes worse than bi-polar. She was sweet one moment and a raging lunatic the next. I got her Rescue Remedy. i can't post a link to it with out some one complaining about linking to a commercial site. I bought the adult formula (drops) and put 1 drop with breakfast and 1 drop with dinner (adult portion is 4 drops). In about 2 months, she is calm, has a beautiful coat of fur, and no more mood swings or personality changes. I used it to help me get more sleep and I got more and restful sleep.

Some folks here swear that it doesn't do anything but they don't say whether they used it for 2 or more months (some folks must have instant gratification) or complained about the taste. It is 4 drops, that is what they have juice or tea for. Please! I don't think pets can fake results or lie about such things. This stuff worked for both my cat and me. All I can say is that you might want to give it a try. There are no known side effects or contra-indications with this remedy as they are only extracts of flowers formulated in alcohol (4 drop dosages are not going to get you drunk), but check to see if you are allergic to any of the flowers mentioned on the list of ingredients.

I hope you found this post helpful, if I can be of further help just pm me. have a great day.
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”